Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...for one night only.

Where I work, we are having some test cars delivered over the coming 3 weeks which are for employees to drive. This happens now and then but they are often boring, this time its the FIAT and Alfa brands that are available to drive.

The first one is the Mito, its arrived at work today and I get to take it home tonight and drop back tomorrow morning. Ill have the option of driving two Alfa's tonight. Looking forward to it.

Its an 09 1.4 TB 155bhp model with the trimmings, in red. :).

Pictures and comments to follow...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Any jobs going at your place ?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any jobs going at your place ?
Haha, if only they were always as interesting as these, often its vauxhall or chevrolet etc.

We are also getting a 159 TI 2.4, a Bravo sport and a Multipla. Ive got my name down for them all except the multipla!

I havent got the best job here though, today is test day where all the journalists test drive the new cars to report on, so our communications dept have gone there too to drive the cars. Damn it!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its sitting in the work car park now, want to take it for a spin but ill wait till later.

Im going to post some comments tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Had a good drive in the Mito, cracking car, some pics first, review tomorrow.

Some of our cars on the drive...(all of which im insured on, great fun)

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
hmmm, i'm really not sure, maybe its because of the colour, i saw Tess's and really liked that....

so what do you think to it? I know it is a different car to the Spider but is it any good at what it is supposed to be?

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Why in all the photos I have seen are the what seem to me to be 'air vents' above the radio, always closed. Are they that ugly?

And that number platereally looks out of place . Almost takes up the complete front of the car.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why in all the photos I have seen are the what seem to me to be 'air vents' above the radio, always closed. Are they that ugly?
Its because it was warm and I didnt want them on so closed them...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What a cracking car is all I can say. Great fun to drive and offers a great all rounder. The cons below are niggles but worth pointing out. This little car gets noticed (spose the red helped) but my mates loved it and so did my parents.

Pro’s
• Looks
• Handling and grip
• Power
• Visibility all round with good mirrors
• Internal space
• Economy (even when thrashing it isn’t bad)
• Driving position
• Gearbox
• Feels solid
• Quiet for normal driving
• Exhaust/engine sound when pushing it
• Predictable handling

Con’s
• When pushing it, you have to almost redline in to stay in the powerband when changing up a gear
• High boot lip to put luggage in the boot
• This car had a slightly dodgy pattern on the dash material
• Petrol cap unlocking with the key was a bit fussy, maybe I just did it wrong

For me, if i was buying a car in this class, I would consider the MiTo TB, new Fiesta Zetec s or Kia Ceed coupe. If I could get this model MiTo for 14k with nicer wheels I would get it.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The front looks so bulbous, like Noddy's car. Due to crash regulations (or pedestrian safety) I'm sure, but it looks 'fun' and 'soft', a bit Micra. Does it look more manly in the metal jaydh??

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The front looks so bulbous, like Noddy's car. Due to crash regulations (or pedestrian safety) I'm sure, but it looks 'fun' and 'soft', a bit Micra. Does it look more manly in the metal jaydh??
The top half of the front is a bit cutesy but the bottom half is quite mean looking. I think a man can drive it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
What a cracking car is all I can say. Great fun to drive and offers a great all rounder. The cons below are niggles but worth pointing out. This little car gets noticed (spose the red helped) but my mates loved it and so did my parents.

Pro’s
• Looks
• Handling and grip
• Power
• Visibility all round with good mirrors
• Internal space
• Economy (even when thrashing it isn’t bad)
• Driving position
• Gearbox
• Feels solid
• Quiet for normal driving
• Exhaust/engine sound when pushing it
• Predictable handling

Con’s
• When pushing it, you have to almost redline in to stay in the powerband when changing up a gear
• High boot lip to put luggage in the boot
• This car had a slightly dodgy pattern on the dash material
• Petrol cap unlocking with the key was a bit fussy, maybe I just did it wrong

For me, if i was buying a car in this class, I would consider the MiTo TB, new Fiesta Zetec s or Kia Ceed coupe. If I could get this model MiTo for 14k with nicer wheels I would get it.
If the petrol cap is anything like the Fiat 500 then you are spot on - i got one as a courtesy car and the bloody petrol cap! it's pretty much the flimsiest thing ever to have a metal lock in it - bloody annoying!

·
Regional Support South, Is there a meet near you?
2,884 Posts
The top half of the front is a bit cutesy but the bottom half is quite mean looking. I think a man can drive it.
It's the headlight surounds that make it a bit weird from the front, saw one with body coloured headlight surrounds at the dealers and it looked a lot better.. didn't draw so much attention the the lights..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts