Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned in another thread I started about repairing rust on my 1996 Spider that I had to take the interior out and give it to Stiched Up Autos in Dunsany Meath -http://www.stitchedupcarupholstery.com/index.php?p=1 for a repair and recolour.

Interior before pics - Spider Interior Photos by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

I picked up a Phase Two steering wheel, out of a scrapped GTV, about a month ago and left it in first about two weeks ago. Before Pic - Steering Wheel Before Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

I wanted it done in perforated & smooth leather with red stitching to match the Red leather seats. Look at the job they did - Refurbed Steering Wheel Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

Red Stitching To Match The Red Interior Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

Fantastic Job On The Stitching Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

The Stitching And Leather Joins Are Brilliant Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

Very impressed :thumbs:

Rest of the interior back next week, cant wait!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Super stuff!

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
How did you end up with GTV seats in a Spider.? Were they in it when you got it.?
Just curious as to how you get on with the seatbelt, not being in its little plastic guide hole..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah they were in it when I bought it. I reckoned there was a cloth interior in it before alright. I actually made up brackets that they rest on behind the seats.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
That wheel is better than new , and really perfect red stitching !

Was the wheel expensive to get done? if you dont want to say no problem .. Are you going back to them for more work ? I'm looking for someone in CARK to do the same type of job. Just a little tear on the drivers seat but cant find anybody that is recommended in cork . Would prefer not to travel to the big smoke as it would cost 70 to 80 for GoGo juice and then there's the Tolls

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did a deal with him that I took out the seats and door cards to bring down the price. It still wasnt cheap but when i sent him a mail or texted he got back straight away (a lot to be said for that). Pm me and I will let you know the price I paid.
My advice is to give him a bell and ask him does he know anyone he would recomend in Cark.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
I did a deal with him that I took out the seats and door cards to bring down the price. It still wasnt cheap but when i sent him a mail or texted he got back straight away (a lot to be said for that). Pm me and I will let you know the price I paid.
My advice is to give him a bell and ask him does he know anyone he would recomend in Cark.
Ok will do , but as the car is a weekender I'm slow to spend too much !:thumbs:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
While I was waiting for the Seats to come back (Monday) I decided to upgrade the Speakers/Stereo and fit a speaker box behind the seat. I also got a good deal on a budget amp, 2X8" subs & 2X4" mids made by auna.

I made a card cutout of the shape I needed and then transfered it to MDF - Speaker Box Cut Outs Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

Marked out where everything should go and made some more cuts - Marking Out Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

Pinned it together and did a test fit - Test Fitting Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

Test Fitting, Looks Good Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

My father in law is a retired upholsterer and he said he had some black material to cover it this afternoon. It turned out to be Black crocodile material. I kind of turned my nose up at first but then said what the hell, it should be good for a laugh.

J

·
0 Posts
Top job Dave, and crocodile skin is the new Levvahh anyway. This time next year everyone will have it:thumbs:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right all finished at last...

Got the Seats back last Tuesday night - SAM_1021.jpg Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

When I collected them I was concerned about some of the white leather filler used on the scratches but they faded just like Joe said they would so I am happy enough.

SAM_1032.jpg Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

SAM_1031.jpg Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

SAM_1030.jpg Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

I also ordered some custom floor mats and got them today - Looks Well I Think Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

Complete With Spider Mats Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

So the list of work in 7 weeks is
brakes all round (including steel pipe replacement and all brake fluid)and the front caliper clips were missing - Done
Rear spring cones - Done
rear wiring harness, all the bulbs and a bad boot leak that caused it - Done
Sills repaired (rust hole) - Done
Center consul stripped and repainted -Done
New steering wheel and interior repaired - Done
Speaker Upgrade - Done

So all in all I am a happy man.

Rear Of Finished Spider Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

SAM_1037.jpg Photo by David_Carpenter | Photobucket

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
Looks great :cool: well done on getting all that work done :thumbs:

Hopefully the sun will return soon so you can enjoy it :D

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Top class lad!

·
Registered
261 Posts
yeah your right dave i think i prefer a more satin finish on the leather but i just scrolled though all your pictures on photobucket and i am well impressed!! that is one very nice spider.......how old??96 spyder?

mate it looks awesome.... roof down and the system up!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts