Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some scumbag broke into my spider outside my house last night... They basically slashed the roof in two places and reached in to open the doors. Luckily they must have been disturbed as they left with nothing, although they had a good rummage through my glove box and tried to remove the steering wheel cover. I have reported it to the police who are apparently sending a forensics team round.

What are my options now? Should I get the hood repaired or replaced? I always thought replacing the hood would be very expensive, though looking on the site below I might be able to get just the main outer section replaced for around £200. Does this sound about right or am I being hopeful?

Alfa Romeo Product Catalogue from Car Hood Warehouse

James :rant:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sorry to hear about your hood it's a shame that no one ever sees the scum that causes the damage, with the Police well as you reported it now it's just another statistic and by you reporting it means they have to create paperwork which is stopping them from playing with their Vascar speed gun, persecuting a motorist or having another doughnut!! rant over :rant:, you might want to give Oxted Coach Trimmers a call they had a load of Spider hoods a few weeks ago i got a complete Blue hood for £75.00 it has a few spots on the rear window from storage which des not really bother me as the last hood you could not see much out of the window. Other than that you could ask a decent coach trimmer what it would cost to repair. Good luck.:(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip, Topkit. I will give Oxted Coach Trimmers a call in the morning....

Did you manage to fit the the new hood yourself or is it a difficault job?

·
Registered
55 Posts
some fatherless son decided not to bother looking when they parked next to my black GTv last night and rubbed the paint off the NSR quarter bumper.

Of course, no one saw it and no note.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have not yet fitted my new hood, i am waiting for the warmer wheather as from previous experience with TR6'S it is easier to get the hood stretched and fitted when it is warm. where did you get your new soft top from.

·
Registered
15 Posts
916 Spider Hood Replacement

I'm a newbie to Alfa ownership (my pride and joy being a 89 Renault Alpine GTA (Atmo) - currently rebuilding engine).

I bought a 98 GTV on 20 Mar 10, as a temporary runaround, and was so impressed that I persuaded my g/f to go half each on a 916 Spider on 25 Mar 10. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I checked the price of replacements (black) mohair hoods from Oxted Trimming today and they quoted £260 plus carriage and VAT for the main hood, and £100 plus carriage and VAT for the rear screen section.

Congratulations on an excellent site!

·
Registered
221 Posts
damn who ever did that deserves a good beating......I feel the sorrow jaymz. Have you looked into getting it stitched together? It might be a cheaper option but then you wouldn't want to have a Frankenstein look on your nice spider soft top:(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I had the whole hood replaced at car Hood Warehouse in the end. They did a great job for a very reasonable price, i would recommend them to anyone...

There was no alarm fitted to the car at the time - This has now been rectified.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts