Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are about to pop over to France to pick up a hardtop that we've bought from eBay... It's a bit of a long story behind the actual purchase but I have recently found some info that leaves me concerned...

What are the "side mounts" that I have heard of? The roof is a genuine Alfa one, doesn't it just clamp at the back and attach to the screen rail in the same way that the soft top does?

Is there a fitting kit needed?

Jules

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi just bought one of ebay there is nothing to worry about it has two screws on the back of the hardtop that slot in where the roof slots go when the roof is up you may have to use the manual button behind the driver set and that will screw the pins into place And l must say it sets the car off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi just bought one of ebay there is nothing to worry about it has two screws on the back of the hardtop that slot in where the roof slots go when the roof is up you may have to use the manual button behind the driver seat and that will screw the pins into place And l must say it sets the car off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We picked the roof up and it has/had some side mount clamps as well as the front (winscreen mount) clamps and the two rear pins.

Lowering the sof top and sitting the hard top on the car we used the manual button behind the drivers seat to screw the rear pins down and then clamped the windscreen clamps.

The roof felt 100% secure and certainly stayed on for the trip back from France at a reasonable rate of knots.

The 'side clamps' have nothing on my car to attach too so for now I am going to remove them from the roof.

I do have a bit of a concern about the rear pins always being screwed tight but to be honest I am sure that's fine as that's how the soft top is secured anyway.

If anyone knows of a kit available to make use of the side clamps I'd love to know - just for added piece of mind.

Just need to adjust the roof now to get the shut lines right as it's a little tight and I am concerned about the way the door 'crashes' when shut... no big deal though.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I looked at buying one I think it requires some fitting to make the side mounts fit. I expect its an autodelta hard top - give them a ring? AUTODELTA

dan

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dan,

It's not the Autodelta one, it's the even rarer Alfa OEM part... I am sure the fittings are probably the same though so i may well give them a shout..

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'd be keen to know how you get on. I bought one that doesn't have the rear pins, just the front clamps and the side clamps (which I to have nothing on the car to connect with).

I only picked it up last sunday so I will go up the my workshop over the weekend and have a good look at it.

Did the rear pins look just like the alfa soft top pins? I could probably just make something up.
Ta, G.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My hard top rattles when I drive. I have tried pressing the manuel buttons behind the seat but it dosent make any difference, am I doing something wrong....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts