Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the hardtop on the Spider last week but couldn't find a connector to plug the heated rear window in to - anyone happen to know wher i should be looking?

The cable from the roof is on the LHS but there are no connectors in the rear compartment that aren't already in use...

A picture would be FANTASTIC if you have one...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
There is a spare connector under my LH seat, but no idea what its for (always wondered actually, would be very cool if this is what its for!)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I never use my rear window heater though due to the horror stories i've read about the rear window heaters on gtv's.

Yep turtle, the spider rear window is plastic but not on the removeable hartop section where if you're lucky enuff to have one it's glass :)

·
Registered
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool - thanks I'll take a look under the seats and see if there is something there - and I'll also look around the driver's side rear too..

Tonight I'll be changing the rear window on the soft top so will have plenty of opportunity to root around.

The hardtop won't be going back on for another few months yet so there's plenty of time to find the phantom connector :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
it's definetely not under the seat, will see if i can post a pic for you with the exact location next time i have the roof down :)
Hi I know it’s a while since this post but wondered if you found where to connect the rear screen heater? I recently purchased a Weismann top it has wires on both side fittings but no obvious place to connect them.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The right side is an earth, you should be able to find a bolt nearby.

Power is an issue, the workshop manual shows a power lead behind the cubbyhole on left side. But I think it’s only early cars that this wasonly fitted to early cars.

When I fitted my hardtop I had to take a wire, connected to the wire going to the heated mirror down under the left side kick cover. This provided signal power to a relay that I fitted next to the electric roof relays, with power from the battery via a fuse (20a)

This setup is similar to the fix for the GTV heated rear screen to overcome burnt fusebox, as the link in a previous post

I’ll post a picture in the next few days of the relay setup

(right and left above refer to looking at the car from the rear)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks! Any images would be of great help...not even sure if i've mounted the hardware properly as I don't have the instruction manual.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts