Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its almost all arranged; the men with a big truck will come and take away the Spider on the 25th June and off to the auction she goes!

I will be giving her back on the 2nd anniversary of the 3 year contract, I decided to give it back early. Since I got the Abarth I have to admit that I have fallen in love with petrol engines again and seen as I do all my commuting in the 500 the Spider has been sitting forlorn in the underground parking, almost forgotten about.

My Spider ownership has been a real up and down experience, particularly with the 1st example that Alfa lumbered me with - but to its credit this White one hasnt been back to the dealer since the day I picked her up.

As one of the first people on the boards to have a diesel Spider I must say I enjoyed the experience of 'testing' the model before most others got their hands on it and in all my time driving the car I think I must have seen only 5 or 6 other unique examples of the car!

I dont know where FGA send these cars for auction, but mine would be a good one to watch out for - 9 months and 10k miles only and a good runner.

I still have access to an Alfa (my black 916) but I dont think ill be returning to a new-gen Alfa for a while. Im going to run the Abarth by itself for 6 months or so and then hopefully get something silly and expensive with at least 8 cylinders :cool:

Its been a pleasure folks :thumbs:

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Hope you're going to stick around EB :confused::):thumbs:

Shame the Spider's going - did you get the financials sorted, as I recall your thread on asking about the penalties of returning it early :confused:

8 cylinder you say...:cool: What could that be :confused:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh I have to pay about 1700GBP to hand it back - a fair sum but the process itself seems quite painless. At the moment I am in the process of getting my personal plate off the car.

Ill not be disappearing altogether, although I tend not to frequent the 916 sections as mine is quite well behaved these days! Ill keep an eye on this section though :)

Im torn about what to get next - it will of course depend a lot on the financial situation (1/2 way through a house purcahse at the moment too)!

It will probably be a choice between a 2nd hand F360 AMV8 or a brand new Corvette Z06. I have a Corvette for 2 weeks in August in California, so that should be a nice long test drive :)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Wow, thats a fair step up! Good luck to you mate! :cool::thumbs::)

If that's the case, I'm going to be making one or two more visits to friends and family in York soon! :lol::cool:

·
Vendor
45,462 Posts
If you are going down the 2nd hand supercar route, don't discount the Gallardo. I drove a Gallardo & 360 Spider on the same day and I'm sorry to say the Audi was the much better car. I went there wanting to hate it and love the Ferrari, but came away thinking the opposite. The 360 Spider didn't feel like anything special and was an absolute cnut to drive. However, the F360 may be totally different to the Spider I drove.

What about a 550 or a 575 though? They are no more expensive than the 360.. :hmm: :cool: :D

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are going down the 2nd hand supercar route, don't discount the Gallardo. I drove a Gallardo & 360 Spider on the same day and I'm sorry to say the Audi was the much better car. I went there wanting to hate it and love the Ferrari, but came away thinking the opposite. The 360 Spider didn't feel like anything special and was an absolute cnut to drive. However, the F360 may be totally different to the Spider I drove.

What about a 550 or a 575 though? They are no more expensive than the 360.. :hmm: :cool: :D
The Gallardo is a lovely car too - one of my dream cars infact, but I think they are holding their prices better than the 360s at the moment. There are plenty of very decent F360s around the 40-45k mark now; last time I checked you were still looking at 65k or so for a G?

·
Vendor
45,462 Posts
Thats a fair bit of money difference..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts