Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

When I open my doors the window drops a small amount to release it from the rubber seals around the roof. When you close the door the window then raises to reseal against the roof. It also does this if you open/close the soft top.

Over the last few days when I open the passenger door the window drops as normal but it does not close when the door is closed. The window goes up and down as normal and works normally if I open and close the roof. I assume there is something in the door lock mechanism that activates the opening/closing of the window a small amount.

Has anyone experienced this issue before or know of a solution, preferably avoiding the main dealer. Hope you can help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi,

When I open my doors the window drops a small amount to release it from the rubber seals around the roof. When you close the door the window then raises to reseal against the roof. It also does this if you open/close the soft top.

Over the last few days when I open the passenger door the window drops as normal but it does not close when the door is closed. The window goes up and down as normal and works normally if I open and close the roof. I assume there is something in the door lock mechanism that activates the opening/closing of the window a small amount.

Has anyone experienced this issue before or know of a solution, preferably avoiding the main dealer. Hope you can help.
It's possible the window memory has reset. This might be worth trying (I hope I've remembered it correctly!):

Key in

Key out

Key in

Power window down to bottom, release

then hold 'power down' button for ten seconds, release

Power window to top, release

then pull and hold the 'power up' for 10 seconds.

This should reset the memory positions for the windows, the car will 'learn' where they need to be to seal.

HTH

Jess

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately the suggested reset did not work.

The car has had some a coolant bleed valve replaced and a Terraclean treatment so not sure if the battery was disconnected. I will check with the garages and the Alfa main dealer in case a window reset is required.

Thanks for you help

Ian

·
Registered
85 Posts
Unfortunately the suggested reset did not work.

The car has had some a coolant bleed valve replaced and a Terraclean treatment so not sure if the battery was disconnected. I will check with the garages and the Alfa main dealer in case a window reset is required.

Thanks for you help

Ian
Bugger. Sorry to hear that Ian.

I may have recalled the reset incorrectly - it's a while since I last had to use it (also after a disconnected battery). Maybe someone on here could confirm either way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts