Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody...I've just registred with the forum and have already found out some cool stuff. I'm a long-term Itaian car nut, in order my cars have been...Fiat Panda, Fiat Uno, Fiat x/19 (a cracking little car!), Alfa 164 V6, Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo (awesome!), Alfa 156 Sportwagon and now, just added, a 2001 Spider lusso!!

First question for anyone who may be able to help... does anyone know where I can get hold of the original Alfa Romeo luggage rack for the boot of a spider. Also... not being in possession of a garage...does anyone use a weather cover for their spider? If so, where can I get hold of one of these??

Apologies for starting with questions!! Cheers all and have a top day!

Leigh

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Hi Leigh,
Welcome to AO. :)
Spider luggage racks are expensive TBH and maybe found on ebay. From a dealer ~£350.00 :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! I've seen non-alfa 'generic' racks on ebay for about £189, I guess these would suffice. I'm thinking of driving to Italy for the summer hols so will need one for then! The missus will probably want to take more than one bikini and a pair of trainers...

My Spider is yellow as well! Have you done any mods to yours??

Cheers
Leigh:)

R

·
0 Posts
I'm looking for one myself (luggage rack), but no rush. I'll let you know if I find a source. As for car covers, there's lots of places that advertise in classic car magazines, I would start there. Or do a search on the internet for car covers. Lots of places do tailor made covers for many makes and models.

I don't use one myself, as I'm lucky and have a garage.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
I have a garage and a cover too! :p :p :p
Make sure you try and get a breathable one otherwise moisture will be held inside the cover and against the spider. :)

No engine mods to my spider either leigh. Just clean, tidy and with HID xenons as per my sig. Got some 17" multispokes to put on this summer though. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts