Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered what sort of MPG you guys are getting my 2007 2.2 spider seems to average 25 MPG drivern sensible with a mixture of B roads and town driving ....how aboiut you ?

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,169 Posts
In both the Spider and Brera, both 2.2, we usually get around 28, this time of the year when it is cold that drops to 27 ish. Similar driving profile to yours.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the Trip?

Is that on the trip ? my trip said 27.5 but working it out manually it equated to 24.9 ...guess it seems about right pretty thirsty for a 2.2 weight i guess ..

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yes the figures above are from the computer, disappointing but as I only fill up roughly once a month Im not over bothered

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
25 mpg town, 33 mpg motorway. Approx.
Car get used regularly, weekly fill-ups.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Mines a daily driver but I work about 3 miles away, I used to cycle it but these days I Alfa it :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lussoman is that calculated or via the trip ? you seem to be very economical .. i only really expected around 28 but to be honest so far at 24.9 calculated , but the naughty trip telling me 27.5 i am a little dissapointed ..i will do around 15000 Alfa miles this year ... and to think i almost bought the V6 .. my V6 Aero does 28 on average with the same use !!!! Little Nelly my lovely 1968 SWB Landrover does 22 with her two and quarter petrol ..so the Alfa is lovely but lets face it 2.2 25 MPG ..Not sure consumption really equals performance !! not to worry nice drive anyway ...

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
lussoman is that calculated or via the trip ? you seem to be very economical ..
A combination of the trip and from memory.
I guess town driving could get to low-20s depending on traffic lights and being sat at junctions.
The motorway one is very accurate as I do the same 15 mile stretch, 30 mile round trip a couple of times a week.

I have no interest in working it out accurately, I occasionally just like to have a rough idea, nothing more.
The thought of brimming the tank, working out exactly how much I've put in and exactly what mileage that's given me completely bores me to tears :lol:.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts