Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - I need a used Drivers side (right) window/mirror switch - Can anyone help?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi All - I need a used Drivers side (right) window/mirror switch - Can anyone help?

Yeah they aren’t cheap brand new. And I’ve seen secondhand ones being offered at £218.
If its down to the buttons cracking and not applying enough pressure to activate the windows. You can buy a 159 window switch strip it down and remove the switch covers, then put these on the Brera switch, solved the issue for me as I am not willing to pay over 200 for a new switch.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If its down to the buttons cracking and not applying enough pressure to activate the windows. You can buy a 159 window switch strip it down and remove the switch covers, then put these on the Brera switch, solved the issue for me as I am not willing to pay over 200 for a new switch.
Thanks for that - Does anyone have a 159 switch for me?

Since a while ago from the drivers side I could wind the passenger window down but not up. Now the drivers side sometimes seems to click when I wind it up and nothing happens except once the window went down when I was pulling up.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Left from a LHD should also work, I don't see the driver's switch being contoured or anything that would make it a RHD switch.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Thanks for that - Does anyone have a 159 switch for me?

Since a while ago from the drivers side I could wind the passenger window down but not up. Now the drivers side sometimes seems to click when I wind it up and nothing happens except once the window went down when I was pulling up.
Same issue as I had with mine. The drivers window switches from a 159 are about 30 quid, take the unit apart and take the plastic switches off, careful not to break them as they are fragile, refit to the Brera unit and perform a window reset by holding the switch down until the window drops and keep holding it for 10 seconds, do the same when closing.
This cured the issues with mine, if this doesn't solve the problems, I would look at a door ECU unit to see if that is at fault.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
159 switch is not much cheaper so not worth taking a chance to make the 159 inards work on the Spider

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As easy as fixing a TV remote that has faulty buttons and uses the same technology and I am sure 159 switches work the same - If you in South Africa then send me your switch and I will fix for free. If I do another I will document it with photos. If you need a detailed explanation to do it yourself I will try explain on the forum - You looking at 40 minutes including removal and replacement and maybe 30 minutes once you know what is going on in the switch - Saves GBP200.00.
Both the switches on the driver's panel were faulty and now 100%
Driver's side switch had a hairline crack so it would click and come up too high so I removed the switch and fixed the hairline crack on the inside (back) of the switch with Q-Bond and now everything is like new - I think I forced it too high when the window wouldn't close and that is why it cracked
I don't really see why someone would need a new switch unless the actual button is broken beyond repair and then you could probably hunt down someone's faulty switch for parts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I am looking for the actual button(mechanical part you flip up and down with your finger), one of mine is cracked - Maybe I can swap it with one of my 159 switches, probably a rear one.

Does anyone have a Spider, Brera or 159 button for me? I am sure it would be cheap to post to South Africa.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Please, someone must have, it is the same button across Brera, Spider and 159 and is the same mechanical switch on drivers side, passenger side and back doors.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please, someone must have, it is the same button across Brera, Spider and 159 and is the same mechanical switch on drivers side, passenger side and back doors.
Pinched the button from my Alfa 159 right rear door. When I sell it at least the owner can wind it up from the driver's side switch console. It winds down just fine from the cracked button.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts