Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, have searched but nothing quite matches my problem...

So 6 weeks in and 3000 miles done and loving the spider so much :) bit of an eventful weekend just gone though - taxi driver reversed into my wheel arch and then denied everything :cry: and now my boot won't open.

I dont think they're related as it was a small scuff, and the boot has opened normally a couple of times since. I also lost a headlight bulb and replaced that last night just before realising the boot wouldnt let me have any of my luggage.

Now the only things that happen are a clicking in the dash when i press the key button and outside the car 2 very quick indicator flashes, but no opening :(

I've tried cycling the roof, locking and unlocking doors several times and i've checked the 15amp fuse for the boot in the main fusebox.

Does anyone know what the quick double flash may mean? Is there some kind of related circuit between the bulb blowing and the boot release? I can pull the manual release to get my stuff but its a pain :( its a my08 with the external boot badge button.

Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
606 Posts
Seems silly but have you tried briefly disconnecting the battery? Can you hear a clicking/the relay working? Could the boot mechanism be getting stuck?

Dan

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dan I'll give it a go as the blue and me media player has been messed up for a while too so could do with it. The relay in the fuse box in the cabin clicks when I press the button so not making it to the boot release somehow.. I'll report back! About to hook up mes to see if any errors too
Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
606 Posts
I briefly had this same problem on my Brera, couldnt open the boot, not from the key fob or the button release. Worryingly it fixed itself after a few attempts though.... nothing worse than an intermittent error.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well had the battery off for a few mins - maybe not enough as the radio code wasnt needed, just the clock and the windows needed doing so i'll leave it longer to get the media player to reset itself. No boot action yet though :cry:

does anyone know how to test the boot lock itself? will get the boot lid cover thing off at the weekend to see what i can see of wiring.

In the manual it states theres a maxi-fuse f01 that deals with the boot AND the instrument panel - well instruments all seem fine so assuming its not that!

Thanks
Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts