Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that I have been woken up by the alarm going off in the strong winds, I thought I would ask the question is there any thing I can do to with the alarm in times like these?
As it went off yesterday in the winds, I thought tonight I'd close the vents turn controls to off and foot wells.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Have you tried locking it with the key and not the fob?
If you just turn the key in the door you lock the car but the alarm doesn't set.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried locking it with the key and not the fob?
If you just turn the key in the door you lock the car but the alarm doesn't set.
That's certainly better than just leaving it unlocked, I'll give it a try thanks.

·
Registered
37,856 Posts
If you have a meta alarm you can still lock the car using the remote but not have the alarm sounding. Instead of 'blipping' the remote to activate it use a press and hold. I think you get a slightly different flash sequence but the car is properly locked :thumbs:

Only took us 7 years to find it :eek:

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
If the car is a phase 1 and has the original Scorpion alarm -

on the side of the remote control there is a slider switch. Moving it will deactivate the ultrasonics. IIRC, you'll get three bleeps on locking instead of two.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car is a Ph2 (2003) with a separate circular alarm fob. I am liking the replies, which give me something to try. I'd been wondering what was going to happen if I wanted to leave the car with the roof down anyway.

·
Registered
479 Posts
The car is a Ph2 (2003) with a separate circular alarm fob. I am liking the replies, which give me something to try. I'd been wondering what was going to happen if I wanted to leave the car with the roof down anyway.
I have a Ph2 and experience the same problem. I lock it with key if it's windy or roof down as the alarm is extremely sensistive and is triggered by the slightest movement.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a Ph2 and experience the same problem. I lock it with key if it's windy or roof down as the alarm is extremely sensistive and is triggered by the slightest movement.
That is good to know, I was beginning to think mine had gone faulty as it had behaved itself up to now.
On the plus side I have learned the car will central lock from the key without the alarm being on, the alarm re-arms itself if you don't actually open close a door, that the long press process on the remote doesn't seem to do anything different and that replacement remote casings are readily available.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keithy you were right about the partial arming, 4 second press and three hazard flashes (as opposed to 2 second/two flashes for fully armed). Thought I'd update this as I have since replaced the fob casings and found a copy of the Meta Operator Instructions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts