Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm after a new hood and rear window from my 916. I've toyed with the idea of fitting it myself, but decided against that. Can anyone recommend the best place to supply and fit a new hood please?

Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi,

I have just had a new hood (including the rear window) fitted in my 916 about three weeks ago. A friend, who is now the Chair of the Kent and East Sussex branch of AROC, had his done last year at the same place and we are both really pleased with the result.

Don't know where you live so you might be hundreds of miles away but the company is called Car Hood Warehouse, e-mail: [email protected], tel: (0) 20 8391 5324, (0) 20 8391 5326. Their address is Unit 7, Sevenoaks Business Centre, Cramptons Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14 5DQ.

PS you are looking at just under £800 for a mohair roof. Mine's black. Don't know whether other colours incur a surcharge.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Took about three days, Adrian. To be honest, I spoke to Roger at Creech Coach Trimming about having the two seats recovered and he wanted £1,200. Didn't have that sort of cash available so I decided that, as I did have the cost of the hood, I'd get that done and then start saving again for the seats. Might get the seats refurb'ed in the meantime as that's only £200ish.

Hope to have the chance to see you soon.

R.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Taking mine to get its M.o.T. tomorrow in Tonbridge. Put the old ticket in it a moment ago and disturbingly only done a few miles since last year. Partly as a result of nowhere to go to for a while. Checked everything and it's fine. I had an advisory last year for a slight leak from the back box but since then I fitted an Alfaholics exhaust, cat back. Sounds exactly how I wanted it to.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

I have just had a new hood (including the rear window) fitted in my 916 about three weeks ago. A friend, who is now the Chair of the Kent and East Sussex branch of AROC, had his done last year at the same place and we are both really pleased with the result.

Don't know where you live so you might be hundreds of miles away but the company is called Car Hood Warehouse, e-mail: [email protected], tel: (0) 20 8391 5324, (0) 20 8391 5326. Their address is Unit 7, Sevenoaks Business Centre, Cramptons Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14 5DQ.

PS you are looking at just under £800 for a mohair roof. Mine's black. Don't know whether other colours incur a surcharge.
Thanks very much Ron, but I'm in Nottingham, so that may be a bit too far. That being said, I won't rule it out if there's nothing closer. Mines black too and I was expecting £8-900.00

·
Registered
569 Posts
I found a reply in an OLD communication (they were quoting fully fitted mohair £695) from a 15yrs in the business company, with a phone number of 01614567634, which I believe is a bit nearer you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts