Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aaaarggh... the Spider appears to developed a leak. Parked it in my dads garage and found a load of oil underneath, only seems to leak when it's running. Don't appear to have any problems mechanically and no loss of power so I'm a bit mystified.

Anyone else had any problems with oil leaks?

It's going into the dealers tomorrow hopefully so I'll just have to fill it up with oil and limp over there.

·
Vendor
46,124 Posts
Have you checked the dipstick, and is it low? Its definitely engine oil and not something else?

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's in with Allams now (cheers for the rapid response Adrian :thumbs: )

Will give you an update when I know more, doesn't seem to be leaking as much now.

In the meantime I've got a nice 159 1.9 to potter about in, which is good as I haven't tried one before. Pretty impressed so far.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
As the other guys have suggested, I think it could be a loose pipe hopefully, in the meantime they're also going to sort a couple of other little niggles like the sun visor and the roll hoops, so should come back all sorted.

The 159's nice, very smooth,ride quality is good and it just feels so well put together.. Seats are comfy as well :). I Like the 1.9 engine it's not as gutsy as the 2.4 but still has a nice bit of torque when you need it. It's also got a huge boot! Mind you I have been driving a spider for the last 8 months so most boots will seem cavernous compared to it :lol:

ETA Allams have just rung back..It was a pipe so should get it back Thursday

S

·
0 Posts
As long as your ready for the Surrey Dash III.

Good to know that it aint a big problem :thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts