Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm Karl and while you may find some boring people called Carl I am not one of them.

Most people these days do tend to ask if it's a C or a K. Truth is it doesn't bother me if someone who I will never have to deal with again gets it wrong. But people whom I've known for years still getting it wrong starts to bug me.

Last night playing killer in the pub, I had written my name on the chalk board. Then someone came along and rubbed it out to write it further along but spelt it Carl. Not only have I known this person for about 5 years now but it was also written on the board for all to see so there should be no excuse.

I did kick up a fuss and said FFS why can't you get it right after all this time but it was just met with blank stares as if I was being petty. Maybe I am?

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
No you're not at all. I'm Keith and really bugs me when friends spell it Kieth. Someone I've known for 13 years did it on a card this week. I'm going to put Khris on his tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My lad is Karl, with a K, loads of people get it wrong.
My daughter is Roz, not Ros, Rose or Rosalind but Roz.
People are always getting that wrong too.

Rude, that's what they are, rude.

Mick.

·
Administrator
87,034 Posts

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Hello I'm Karl and while you may find some boring people called Carl I am not one of them.

Most people these days do tend to ask if it's a C or a K. Truth is it doesn't bother me if someone who I will never have to deal with again gets it wrong. But people whom I've known for years still getting it wrong starts to bug me.

Last night playing killer in the pub, I had written my name on the chalk board. Then someone came along and rubbed it out to write it further along but spelt it Carl. Not only have I known this person for about 5 years now but it was also written on the board for all to see so there should be no excuse.

I did kick up a fuss and said FFS why can't you get it right after all this time but it was just met with blank stares as if I was being petty. Maybe I am?

Oi :tut:
I'm a Carl and far from boring, yes people spell my name wrong but they sound
exactly the same whichever way spelt so what's the big deal ffs :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
I've only noticed one Karl on this thread.

I did not agree with Carl.

People have decided to take it upon themselves to spell
my surname incorrectly all my life. Even when I spell it for
them they decide to correct me and spell it their way. I
do not understand why they think I might have got it
wrong. I can only assume they are ignorant.

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
I've only noticed one Karl on this thread.

I did not agree with Carl.

People have decided to take it upon themselves to spell
my surname incorrectly all my life. Even when I spell it for
them they decide to correct me and spell it their way. I
do not understand why they think I might have got it
wrong. I can only assume they are ignorant.
Get in line, amateur..............I've had it reeeeeeeeeeal bad. :(

1 - 20 of 55 Posts