Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S4 Spider mph speedo reads nearly 30 mph too fast at 70 it's def been converted to mph any ideas how to correct it?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
There is a potentiometer on the back that allows adjustment. Have a look at this thread on the AlfaBB which describes it in a lot of detail. How to fix your slow reading speedometer or tachometer on 91-94 Spiders - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Its titled slow runnning but the principles are the same. When I last calibrated mine I rigged up a separate connection so that I could run it outside of the binnacle. My son then held it and adjusted it against the speed on a TomTom satnav as I drove.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Anglo Spider I did the quick way taking the surround off and from the front, I ended up with the speedo connected got to 70 mph on a speedo app on my phone and put the needle back on the pin/spline at 70 and it seems to be fine now....fiddly job and a tight squeeze with the steering wheel left on but doable!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Well done!

Sounds like whoever changed the face on the speedo to convert to mph didn't get the needle lined up properly afterwards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts