Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips/advice for removing the speedo sender unit from the diff on a V6 ????
I can see it...just...and can touch it...just....but can I get a hand in with a spanner ????....No Way !!!!
Not much room at all in there so any pearls of wisdom to help me remove it would be very gratefully received.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
get a helper monkey... they're soo handy in these situations

J

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that you offering yer services ???
Thanks, I accept...and your not allowed to use the welder !!!!!

PS I have a nice exhaust that you CAN use the welder on before I put it on the Silverstone

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To complete any job.. it is imperitive that you weld SOMETHING!

will have a look tonight.

j

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure Speedy will come along and say its dead easy to get to and I've not looked so this is only a suggestion but how about a "crows foot" spanner. Little things like the end of a spanner that attaches to a socket so you could put the extension on it ;) Halfrauds stcok them.

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gonna attack it from underneath again tommorrow. I've discovered it's a 22mm spanner, hopefully I can get it...or it's off to the garage. Gonna get the belt done anyway, should be cheap enough for that.....I hope.....

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Trying to remember ...............but i think it`s easier to undo from the top :confused:

Get yer hand down under the air flow meter and put the spanner on at an angle .............it should`nt be that tight and there`s more room in there than you think ;)

Btw the cambelt is cheap enough about £25 for an original Alfa one ..................it`s the tensioner thats expensive about £60 i think

Make sure you get the tensioner changed as well ;) ;)

There pretty easy to change yerself just a bit tight for space ..........think i did mine in about an hour or so :D :D

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:cheese: ...sorry Marl...as u know...any advice from me
would prove useless to the point of needing Mental Surgery :eek:

...I love this stuff though :p :lol:

...DAD...let me stay another few minutes :eek:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speedy's about right with the prices...might be an idea to do the water pump while you're in their....just an idea tho ;) You'll need to check the other belts as they need to come of anyway (from memory...or am I thinking of the twinny!?!?!).

wrinx

·
Registered
564 Posts
wrinx said:
Speedy's about right with the prices...might be an idea to do the water pump while you're in their....just an idea tho ;) You'll need to check the other belts as they need to come of anyway (from memory...or am I thinking of the twinny!?!?!).

wrinx
As far as I can remember from my Alfa 75 days the belt has to come off to do the Water Pump. :rolleyes:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correct, pretty sure the lot has to come off to change the cambelt ;)

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
You just need to take the auxillary belts off to do the cambelt :rolleyes: and the plastic covers ;)

No need to remove the water pump :confused:

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Ah i see what yer mean now :rolleyes: Sorry about that must be the smell of leather affecting me :p :p :cheese: :cheese:

But you did say that " pretty sure it all had to be removed to do the belts" :confused: :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wrinx said:
Correct, pretty sure the lot has to come off to change the cambelt ;)

wrinx
*pedantic mode on*...by "the lot" I meant belts ;) Perhaps I wasn't clear enough for one so obsessed with leather and its evils at the moment :rolleyes:

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
wrinx said:
*pedantic mode on*...by "the lot" I meant belts ;) Perhaps I wasn't clear enough for one so obsessed with leather and its evils at the moment :rolleyes:

wrinx

:D :D :D Everybody needs an Obsession.........................just mine usually involves Whips etc etc :D :D :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Speed, I believe that Wrinxy has switched his "envy mode" on but has forgotten to switch it off. :tut: :tut:

I think this may be "on" for some time...... ;)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Envy...me :eek: I have no idea what you mean...why on earth would I want to fill my car with bits of dead cow :rolleyes: ...how ridiculous :lol:

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Look`s like yer hit the nail on the head Barry :D

Btw think i should ring him up to Gloat AGAIN :p :p :cheese: :cheese:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts