Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,i have just had f/n/s hub replaced.(as i bent it in the snow.) and since the work was done the speedo is giving the wrong readings. say im doing 80 the speedo is telling me that im doing 45.
the abs sensor isnt connected as it had the wrong connector compaired to the 1 that was on there originally.
any help would be gratefull.
thanks james

·
Registered
30,246 Posts
The speedo gets its signal from the ABS ECU, so the missing sensor is probably related to your speedo problem.

·
Registered
405 Posts
you could just cut both connectors and replace with male/female spade connectors and plenty of insulation tape. i admit it is a big fat bodge but its the easiest and cheapest way to fix the problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks would this still be ok then? as there sensors i didnt know if this would be gud enough. prob spent the time and do it propley tho

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
Getting the ABS sensors out without damage is nigh-on impossible, so its probably worth trying the cable splicing as a first attempt. Not sure how the connectors are different, though - all the 156 ABS sensors I've seen have had the same connectors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats wot i thort the one that was on my car already was male and the one on the hub i got from autolusso was female or viceversa.
ill try splicing them first thn.
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts