Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all loving my first few weeks of alfa ownership and have given it plenty of use including a blat to paris and so far all is good.....except for the odometer which works fine but is no longer illuminated,all the other dassh lights work fine except this....its a 2006 156 1.6 veloce....can anyone advise to the cure please as its getting pretty annoying now!!!
cheers

·
0 Posts
hi all loving my first few weeks of alfa ownership and have given it plenty of use including a blat to paris and so far all is good.....except for the odometer which works fine but is no longer illuminated,all the other dassh lights work fine except this....its a 2006 156 1.6 veloce....can anyone advise to the cure please as its getting pretty annoying now!!!
cheers
AH yes i had this today, you need to remove the instrument cowling there is a screw at the top, underneath there are a further 2 screws whicj you need to take out, and its just a case of twisting the bulb out with some needle nose pliers and getting a replacement from halfords

took me no more that 10 minutes to do in the halfords car park :)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
This is an easy fix - the odometer is held in with four srews - three that hold the odometer and one (at the top) that holds the trim. Undo these and the odometer pulls forward - remove the multi-pin plug from the rear and it is then extracted.

Once extracted you can see the bulbs at the back - replace and refit. It might be worth replacing all bulbs as if one/two have gone then the others may not be far behind.

The bulbs are available from a dealer or a good motor factor.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for the speedy replies.......I am not averse to a bit of spanner monkeying but have always steered clear of dashbords in case stuff dont go back together.............I may be brave enough tomorrow to have a go!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all done cheers for the advice lads....it was easy apart from the fact some ham fisted person before me had broken one of the mounting lugs on the speedo but it seems secure enough
cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts