Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

my 155 behaving strangely after not driving 1 week. the speedo now is dead with the injector light lit.... the signal 1-2-5-2.. check the fault code list.. its not there... there's 2 problem here...

so how to fix the speedo
and what is actually the problem with the injector light signal....

p/s- sorry i didn't browse thru the prev posting if there's similar solution.... the connection in the internet cafe pc is damn slow... can really wait....

t.q :(

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
speedo's usually respond to a slap on the top of the dails pod and if it does it then remove it and give all the little brass nuts on the back a quarter turn , this normally fixes it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope.. did it.. already check the cluster.. everything works fine... only when my car goes on un even roads the needle jump as if registering speed/ receiving signal... already check the connection at the gearbox sensor.. also fine.. may be there a lose connectiontion somewhere along the line...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
nahar said:
nope.. did it.. already check the cluster.. everything works fine... only when my car goes on un even roads the needle jump as if registering speed/ receiving signal... already check the connection at the gearbox sensor.. also fine.. may be there a lose connectiontion somewhere along the line...
I have had the same problem on my '96 155 TS, though very intermittently.

From what I've read, you need to check the connection at the gearbox sensor, see if it's correctly plugged, and possibly clean it. If that's okay, there might be a problem with the speedo cable itself, which you might have to replace.

I've also seen a recommendation to check the fuse that the speedo works on, and possibly clean that one up too, but I have no idea which fuse that would be.

Let us know how it goes, I'm curious to know, as you might guess!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
later found out the speedo sensor is going to kaput.... when the speedo dead.. the injctor light lit ... and signal is 1-2-5-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts