Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just sold a honda civic type r mint condition etc with 110 thou miles,its just come back up for sale on the dealer website with 96 thou miles:mad: i think this should be in the rant room,
the question is should i shop them?:confused:

·
Registered
37,756 Posts
You should shop them yes. To save some poor soul being ripped off if nothing else.

It doesn't make much sense to me though to clock it from 110k to 96k. I would have thought that they would have wound it back further, unless they just want it below the psycological 100k barrier.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the add lists the pics with the speedo at 96400,i sold for 3600 and its up at 4700 so the under 100 thou mile reading makes a good proffit

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Definitely report to trading standards.....did you trade your Civic in against another car? If so, do you have any nagging doubts about the accuracy of your speedo reading........?

Anyway, just think if it was an Alfa they'd done it on.....that's half a cambelt change interval they've "lost"....which could be a very expensive bit of fraud!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyway the car was bought mint and sold mint obviously at a bargain price we owned it 3 yrs full service history
the money has gone to my sons first house which now feels dirty money i wish i had dumped the car in the canal,its not over,its currently listed on classfied ebad p******************ed off

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Go back and ask them for the extra money that a sub 100k car was worth. Unless they are totally thick they will take the hint. Then report them :lol:

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Hey, Lotty - its not your fault - no reason to feel bad.....but by all means wreak havoc on the ****s who are attempting to profit from it!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how suprised where they as i turned up at their doorstep this morning,could not give me any answers,i just had to put the record straight because i did not want any hassle from any new buyer concerning the mileage,funny how its now been taken off ebay.i thought all my threatening days where over,i tell you what it felt f****ing good:D

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
how suprised where they as i turned up at their doorstep this morning,could not give me any answers,i just had to put the record straight because i did not want any hassle from any new buyer concerning the mileage,funny how its now been taken off ebay.i thought all my threatening days where over,i tell you what it felt f****ing good:D
Love it.:thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts

Keep watching because odds on it'll reappear.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Also when you send the slip off from the V5, make sure you fill in the mileage section.
A bit late for that in this case, I guess, as the V5 will have been handed over when the trade was done......if you sell to a trader you don't send off the V5, just fill in the yellow bit.....;)

·
Registered
37,756 Posts
I thought the yellow bit had the mileage section as well, although without digging out mine to have a look I am not 100% sure.

L

·
0 Posts
If it does re appear up for sale at the lower mileage go the trading standards route and hopefully they will loose the car when they flog it to the trading standards guys. This is normal behavior in Peterborough along with unrecorded rebuilt damaged cars, its amazing what you notice when you drive around a city all day for a living.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Keep watching because odds on it'll reappear.
yep its back up again different number plate slightly different wording and they have changed the price slightly,well they had their chance ,trading standards monday morning.Just imagine putting yourself at risk like that,when the buisness has obviously been runnning for a while in manchester, crazy,The last mot had around 95k on it and was due at the end of feb 2012,so in a year we put 20 k on it,they have wound it back to 96k which looks like its done 1 k in a year,we had the car serviced in nov last year by an independant who stapled the service sheet to the service book(the sheet has been ripped out)so basiclally the book is saying the car needs a service and the miles stack up(good job ive got a copy of the service sheet:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts