Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right lads, a bit near Christmas, I know, so not expecting a mad stampede for this.

Early kick off, 10.30am on Sunday 18th December on the big 3 tier :)wow:) 1000m long circuit at Warrington. Have a look at the circuit here and there's video tour on the website. It looks :cool: About 3-3.5hours. All for just forty-five of your English pounds.

I can't take any credit, this has been organised by the shop floor lads at our Salford plant but they only have 15 including me so the remaining 17 spaces are up for grabs either to my fine comrades at AO....or anyone who books or turns up on the day (spaces permitting)!:lol: On the upside, if we do want an AONW (Yorkies and NE etc all are welcome) event it is that bit cheaper and easier to hit the numbers for the big track.

I've already coughed up, so if you fancy a go please book and pay direct and just mention you're joining up with the API Group party.:thumbs:

It'd be great if you can make it. Gaz has been threatening it for a while (or did it happen and I missed it? :confused: S'possible. )

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and stick you're name on here so I know to expect to see you!

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,407 Posts
I'll have some of that!

I was doing one for 4th December but figured it was a bit close to christmas so have postponed it until new year so yep, i'll have a space if thats alright :D

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Absolutely,Gaz, just contact them and quote our Group as mentioned above or it costs about a fiver more as an individual.

Plenty of spectator space for family and friends too. It looks like they've done up the rest areas and so on as well.

Come on guys, we've been talking about a karting session for gawd knows how long so you must have the equivalent of half a tank of gas or a dozen Stellas at the pub tucked away!

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*bump* Next Sunday. Just roll up and join in.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, according to the lads at work there's just our lot at the moment.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Any feedback on the circuit? Once I have a job and less weight to carry round I fancy another go karting somewhere, sometime as it's been a long time. Last 2 places I visited closed within 12 months of me going!

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Any feedback on the circuit? Once I have a job and less weight to carry round I fancy another go karting somewhere, sometime as it's been a long time. Last 2 places I visited closed within 12 months of me going!
The big circuit is very good and the set up is well established. They claim to be the longest indoor circuit at 1km, and I think they say it is the widest. The 3 levels is a bit gimmicky IMO though they'd never get the length of track into the building without it. There is a bit much nadgety-ness (is that a word?) especially as you climb up the levels but the drop down is pretty good. Overall, it never felt to flow as much as it used too when on one level but again, that is maybe as much blurry memory and my own lack of ability coming into play.

Over the years the karts have got bigger and wider than when I went originally and this makes passing even harder - although I suspect my own weight gains have made it worse!

They are well organised and it's a reasonable price. Our guys messed up the booking a bit - you need 20 to reserve it to yourselves and we had 15 from one site and 5 from another and each used their own site name so it was treated as two bookings even though both sites are called API-("Holographics" or "Laminates"). :rolleyes:

Unfortunately a bunch of half a dozen scally scousers (no offence to Liverpudlians but these were) came in as "arrive and drive" and basically were a nightmare. Deliberately crashing, caused a fight with one of our guys and the session was terminated just before the Grand Final because they were so abusive, two ignoring black flags for dangerous driving, one for literally throwing his crash helmet hard across the track during a race and walking away from his kart across the circuit while racing because he'd stoved it into the tyre wall!:eek::(

Otherwise it was a lot of fun and we'd do it again - as a stand alone private party only!

I did Daytona at Old Trafford about 6 years ago and that was very good too.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Cheers :) I'd done one off Dunningsbridge Road and another in Speke a good few years back, then a couple of times at Formula 1 Karting in Leicestershire when at uni and a brief go in someone's own kart outdoors... My weight would be a major brake currently! Have seen the Daytona one as well (maybe karting will be what my best man arranges for me...)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts