Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Not as far as I know. I think it's just straight to the Chair! :lol: :lol: :eek:

N

·
0 Posts
No. Although it does get flagged on your immigration record now if you don't pay. I think. (They have to have issued a warrant?)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, I've got enough stars in the UK, I don't want anymore!
I've mailed the thing off so I'm just waiting for the fine. I've been told it'll be in the region of $500!! I'll be glad to pay it, the cop was intending to throwing me in jail for the night......he was not in a good mood with me lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was here last year and got pulled twice, 87 in a 65 in Ohio, 68 in a 45 in NY. Both times I got away with it as I mentioned that I was here doing work with the Veterans Association (I design bionic hands for amputees).
This time I was in NY and I was clocked at 101 in a 65 coming back from a Mets game at around midnight. The cop was seriously pissed with me and if my companions were sober enough to drive I was in 'the big hoose' for the night.
20 odd years of driving and riding in the UK and no speeding tickets, sux!

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
thats amazing, i didint realise technology like that existed!
:cheese:
Just wait till they teach the hand how to change a timing belt on a V6.

That David Blane converdsation with Eamon Homes seems relevant now.

Today science fiction TV and film...Tomorrows fact.

Can you make an indestructible V6 timing belt oota the same material?

Pomeo

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad you didn't end up in the slammer ;)
Cheers, so was I! I've been tootleing around at the posted limit for a couple of weeks now and I've still got a couple of weeks of this trip to go.
Might drive over to Rhode Island tomorrow to bag another state. Memorial day here so NYC will be too busy.

Pomeo, I am working on a smaller version so it may get into a V6 spiders engine bay!

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
.....so I'm just waiting for the fine. I've been told it'll be in the region of $500!! ....
Just be glad that you're not in Florida - I spotted this rather OTT speed control device near Homestead.
l
l
l
l
V

Attachments

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Hope it all works out for you :)

I did have a funny thing happen a few years ago. We were on our way back from the airport to the house and my son was in the car with me and my better half was in another car with my daughter and boyfriend. We had been travelling on the toll road when I realised we wouldn't have enough money to go all the way on the toll so we turned off. When we got to the booth on the offslip it was unmanned and only took coins and all we had was a dollar bill :eek:. After a bit of head scratching I just drove through. At this point the toll station lit up like a christmas tree and klazons were going off :eek::eek:

It was like a scene from cops :lol: my lad was shouting GO! GO! GO! and as we drove up the road all we could see in the rear mirror was flashing lights and the sound of klaxons going off :cheese:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts