Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got caught doing 110 in a 60 zone at about 4.40 in the morning on a road that looks like a highway :cry:

the fine is only a summons for a court date no chance of paying the fine so do i lawyer up and pay even more or just attend the court hearing with plenty of cash in hand?:cry:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Before the court date you can send them a letter, give them a sob story about the economic slowdown and cash flow etc etc and they often soften up.

Otherwise there are a whole host of requirements for speed trapping equipment. You can reqest the proof of calibration for the unit.
Was it an unmanned camera on a pole? They have to be inspected at least once every 24 hours if i recall correctly. You can request the inspection log.
Also, was there a sign indicating that speed enforcement is carried out in that speed zone? This is a requirement.

Investigate all these technicalities and you could get away with it if they have slipped up on something.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks arthurb for your advice, to be honest i didnt see the speed limit and was on my way to 120 km
i thought i was out of the town so the soppy letter might work, at least keep me out of jail, i just was not sure of the procedure for getting caught 40km over the speed limit

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I was trapped at 151 in 100 zone.. Same story just a court date.. Took a lawyer with.. He asked them for proof the camera was calibrated correctly and proof that the camera was transported in correct casing.. They couldn't provide either.. Case was thrown out in 2min.

If its a fixed camera.. Ask for proof that this camera is still working correctly and log of when it was last inspected.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks it is a fixed camera and no street lights leading up to it and it was 4 in the morning and it is Worcester so i am sure they have no log for that camera
thanks for advice

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is on the way out to Roberson, if u are traveling at night u cant even c the 60 sign and it looks like u have left the town because there are no street lights
in the day it is ok it is quite visible

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes gta on that one but more towards town and on the right if u leave town to Robertson

thanks Greg Zn will be in touch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts