Alfa Romeo Forum banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Just caught up on the last two episodes last night. Bit deflated by the helium balloon attempt TBH. He was so far off the record it was all a bit shambolic. As for the man powered water craft record - it was a shame they didn't team up with BAR/Ben Ainslee racing from the outset and through some proper resource at it.

The comments from the University geeks at the end of it, about how well they did, and its amazing what they achieved etc....er....sorry, you got something to go 5mph, when the 25 year old record is 19mph...

Guy look a bit embarrassed to be associated with it, and quite rightly so. Not quite worthy of a prime slot on national TV. Slightly entertaining (in an embarrassing point of view) at times, but really quite crap!

·
Super Moderator
86,154 Posts

·
Super Moderator
86,154 Posts
Huge potential for it to go badly wrong, as was highlighted by one of the other competitors who didn't survive a crash.

·
Super Moderator
86,154 Posts

·
Registered
14,361 Posts
My TiVo box has been picking up repeats in the last week or two. I still can't believe he rode a push-bike at over 100mph on sand.

·
Super Moderator
86,154 Posts

·
Registered
14,361 Posts
Who wouldn't want an 150mph tractor?

·
Super Moderator
86,154 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I like Guy Martin for three reasons:

1. He is a dangerous lunatic on a bike - saw him in his road racing days at Scarborough, wearing what looked like second-hand helmet and leathers, going obscenely quickly. Shame he never won the TT.
2. He is an Aspie (i.e. has Asperger Syndrome) who has made good in a difficult world. Some Aspies I know, talk of being on the wrong planet; it ain't easy for them. Guy Martin has said he's OK looking into an inanimate camera, but if it's moved out of the way he can't look the cameraman in the eye.
3. He is an entertaining character who does great things with huge enthusiasm, and his presenting is terrific.

·
Super Moderator
86,154 Posts
141 - 153 of 153 Posts