Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luckily not on my Alfa..

In the Village where I work they have those pyramid style speed humps. Normally both the Bravo and the Alfa straddle them fine with little effort.

However, yesterday whilst driving to work I straddled one as normal and there was a massive grinding sound as the car dragged along the compacted snow on the top of the hump. Now the exhaust is blowing near the front.

I know it was only on the Bravo, but I am still mightily pee'd off.

I bet I stand no chance of claiming for a new zorst off the council as well. :(

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
I hope the damage (and cost) is minimal !

·
Registered
38,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do I..

The rear part is only £50 or so for a pattern part, however the CAT is part of the manifold at the front and if that is damaged it will be expensive. In fact I will probably end up welding it.

I don't think there is a flexy on the system though so that is one good thing.

I'll have a look at the weekend weather permitting.

·
Registered
38,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is I drive that road every day and I know where the humps are.

I had just got used to being able to straddle them, but didn't think about the ice on top making it taller on this occasion.

I ordered a pipe from ebay, it cost £35 all in. The flexi part is the bit that is ripped open.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
we have the three humps across the road types here, so to protect my underside, I try to make sure the sump coincides with the dip between two humps, only when its covered in snow its damn hard to work out safely

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
if the 16v has a similar setup to the 8v (and i suspect it has) that had the cat, manifold and downpipe all in one:rant: cost me £600 from my local indie and he's cheap:rant:

that was about 5 years ago, hope they have come down a bit now, bad luck matey

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts