Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have just thought of something, if driving along behind someone speeding lets say 10-15 kph above the speed limit and the camera flashes once, who gets the fine?!

Thanks

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was at night and it defiantly flashed once! Doing my research last night I found out that there is a new flashing van in Dublin!

·
Registered
38,932 Posts
If you were speeding then you may have been caught.

I guess you were as otherwise you wouldn't be worried about it.

Chances are though it was the car in front that got snapped not you.

N

·
0 Posts
If you get flashed with another car in the picture here, you get let off. :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
If you were to slam the car sideways, look out your drivers side window, smile, raise the middle finger! They'll get the picture!;):lol:

G

·
0 Posts
How fast were you goung and in what speed limit. You are allowed 10% + 2mph before you get a ticket.

eg.
35 in a 30
46 in a 40
57 in a 50
68 in a 60
79 in a 70
155 when no-one's looking ;)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
How fast were you goung and in what speed limit. You are allowed 10% + 2mph before you get a ticket.

eg.
35 in a 30
46 in a 40
57 in a 50
68 in a 60
79 in a 70
155 when no-one's looking ;)
No longer true. I have been invited on a Speed Awareness Course for doing 34 in a 30. :(

·
Registered
Brera 2.0 JTDm
1,343 Posts
i think they now apply the 10% rule but not add the 2mph plus of course most car speedos under read so what was the indicated speed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
No longer true. I have been invited on a Speed Awareness Course for doing 34 in a 30. :(
:eek: That's ridiculous.

Have you questioned the accuracy of the devise being used to catch you? You would have a case with that margin if it was the 20:20 or another hand-held device and you haven't admitted speeding yet.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
:eek: That's ridiculous.

Have you questioned the accuracy of the devise being used to catch you? You would have a case with that margin if it was the 20:20 or another hand-held device and you haven't admitted speeding yet.
No point. Fixed camera near Eton and I remember my Road Angel said 34mph when I saw the flash. Would have thought the smoking tyres might have obscured the rear numberplate though..

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
fingers crossed for you
Thanks :thumbs:, but I have had the Notice of Intended Prosecution and have opted to do the speed awareness course. Since this would have been my first points in 30 yrs driving I can't really complain but had I got the points I would have been upset about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts