Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Speed Camera Alerts

9K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  Tuiken 
#1 ·
Received my new Veloce just over a week ago and having fun.

One early question - my speed camera alerts are very useful but makes a terrible racket, almost screams at me! I have turned down all sound warnings but this particular one I can't change and still scares the pants off me every time it goes off. Is there a solution for this?

As a new owner I apologise if this has been asked before.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Received my new Veloce just over a week ago and having fun.

One early question - my speed camera alerts are very useful but makes a terrible racket, almost screams at me! I have turned down all sound warnings but this particular one I can't change and still scares the pants off me every time it goes off. Is there a solution for this?

As a new owner I apologise if this has been asked before.

Thanks.

I’ve turned speed camera audio warnings off, there is an option for it somewhere. I’ll check later and post back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
On my early 2017 Quadrifoglio, I only get alerts if I have a route set.

Andy

#9 ·
Mine is 2 weeks old and I have only ever heard the camera alerts when a route is set. However, there is a possibility I've not driven past a camera without a route set yet.

#10 ·
Mine is brand new, 2019. Maybe there is something in the Navigation option where I can turn it down but this is on even when I don't have the navigation on, unless somewhere in the ether the navigation is one without it actually being used?

#12 ·
Are you sure you don't have a route set? When I collected my car it had the sat nav set for the dealers (my dealer explained that's how they all arrive) and I had to cancel the route to allow me to set the route home. I find I have to do this quite often after setting a route i.e. most of the time it doesn't think I have actually reached my destination.
Go to the navigation screen and select the top option. Does it ask if you want to cancel the current route?

#13 ·
Ok had time to check the settings. This is what you need to do (if I have understood you correctly and want to turn the audible warnings off for speed cameras etc):

Settings-> Infotainment-> Navigation-> Warnings->

This will get you to the “speed limit” and “speed camera” warning options

Play around here but I can tell you there are 3 options for speed camera:
Off
Map
Map and acoustic

The last one is the one you DONT want

I have it to map, so in the right hand side of navigation screen I will just go red if I’m going above the speed limit, but no sound!

Bit counter-intuitive having to go into infotainment and then selecting navigation options but that is how you do it.

Let me know if that is option you have mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 · (Edited)
You don't have to go that tortuous route.
When you're in navigation just press the Options button to the right of the central control knob. You then get a list of navigation options you can change including Warnings.

OP - is it definitely speed cameras that you're being alerted by (it's not the collision warning is it)? What noise does it make? Speed camera warning is just a single ding when you're below the speed limit or 3 dings above it.
You've definitely not got a route set? When you do set a route have you adjusted the voice guidance volume?
Go into the Options in the way I've detailed above and check all the different options in case they've added a new one for warnings to be on without a route set (I doubt it though as you're the only person that's ever asked about this). Just go through every option.

#19 ·
Did you sort this out in the end?
I was driving at the weekend without a route set on the sat nav and noticed that mine still gives me speed camera warnings with no route set too.
Not loud and don't scare me though. If anything they could do with being be a bit louder. I'll try turning sat nav volume up and see if that helps next time I'm going past some cameras.

#22 ·
I'd assumed that they (Alfa) had assumed, if you knew where you were going you'd know where the cameras were. Undoubtedly flawed logic and I do wish I could turn my camera warning on all the time.

Surely if the OP had a route set in the nav without knowing, he would be constantly be being told to "turn around when possible".

As an aside, I don't use the Nav much but I must have the settings wrong, as when I do, it is absolute pants.

#32 ·
The speed limit of the current road is displayed whether a destination is set or not, the map appears and shows your location on the screen whether a destination is set or not, so there's no reason why a speed camera warning should *need* a route to be set for it to work.

#28 ·
For Flips Sake, I've only just dare update the software on my e-mtb, I'm sure as hell not fannying about with the software on a forty grand car.

As an IT illiterate 70 year old who knows what damage I could do. :titanic:

Reactions: sb1957
#31 ·
Yes, that's what I said above. Even with no route set I still get speed camera alerts. I assume it has to be on the sat nav screen but mine is always split with the map on all the time anyway.

#40 ·
Just wait til navigation for revenue develops, taking you via places that pay for you to visit just like pop-up ads on the internet. It’ll be like getting a cab in India where you get to visit all the drivers relatives shops enruote to your destination. ( Based on actual experience)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.