Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Do you have any information about specification of Alfa 147JTDm Turismo Internazionale version, MT2005?
I would like to know about difference betwen standard 147 JTDm and Ti version (brakes, gearbox, steering, suspension, etc..)
BR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for quick answer!
I want to buy this car but I've still few questions. Current owner says that this version (MY2005) has in standard equipment shorter steering rack, brembo calipers with bigger brake discs, shorter sport gearbox and eibach suspension.
Is that can be true?

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Hello Again......

I really don't know the answer to the question there, BUT, my 147 Ti was a complete package, with ALL the extras included as such. I could NOT alter anything on it, I wanted to add a BOSE stereo, but was unable to.So, if the one you are looking at HAS got all those variations, its been done by HIM or a Garage. I don't know exactly when the 147 Ti version went on sale but I thought I bought one of the 1st versions in July 2006, obviously that was over here in the U.K.......

Not sure if that is any more help to you........

Roy....

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
It does have slighly lower suspension, but I dont think its Eibach. the steering, brakes and gearbox are standard though. But the steering is 2.2 turns between locks on all 147s, so its pretty low geared already! It had sports seats and 17" wheels and other bits like parking sensors. Thebrake calipers were painted red, I think.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Thanks all!
Does someone know what is changed in Ti suspension?
I think its just lowered all round, and looks much better too, but it certainly grips the road better than my previous 2:0ltr 147 Lusso, and the torque is just 10 times better as well. Its a great package all round in fact, one of the best Alfa Romeo's I've owned, and its my 12 th one !!!!!......

Here some pictures of it !!!!!......

Attachments

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
n13roy, your car looks the biz:cool: Really do like this facelifted models.

Compared to you 2.0ts 147 is the build quality any better in the newer cars compared to my old 2001 model?

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
n13roy, your car looks the biz:cool: Really do like this facelifted models.

Compared to you 2.0ts 147 is the build quality any better in the newer cars compared to my old 2001 model?
Hello There Jamz3k.....

Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated indeed.....:thumbs:

To be honest with you, there is absolutely NO comparison between the 2:0 Ltr Petrol Lusso model I had,and this current JTDm Diesel 147 I now own. It feels ( and is ) so powerful ( yet only 150 bhp ) flies away from a standing start, is so much cheaper to insure, and is saving me a fortune on Fuel too. The build quality is superb all round, and it really feels SO sporty as well. I would not hesitate in telling anyone to buy one tomorrow. Had it nearly 3 Years from new in July, and not really had one single major problem with it. I really cannot fault it !!!!!!......:thumbs::)

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Thats great to hear n13roy as you may have read i have a 1.6ts version and to be honest its given me a sour taste were Alfa's are concerned but i haven't given up. Maybe one of these facelifted JTDm's might be what i need:thumbs:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Thats great to hear n13roy as you may have read i have a 1.6ts version and to be honest its given me a sour taste were Alfa's are concerned but i haven't given up. Maybe one of these facelifted JTDm's might be what i need:thumbs:
If you look around on the Internet, you will probably find some stunning versions of this 147 model, with low mileage for around £8000. I think most people that bought this " Limited Edition Ti " version, when it came out were Alfa Romeo fans, and therefore will have looked after them. Good Luck......:):)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts