Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
My cheapest car insurance came with the company that installs their box that calculates how many miles you drive in a year.

Does anyone have the same box installed in your vehicle and is it any good?? As I drive about 5-8k miles only and never came across sort of company before.

PS if anyone can tell me good (cheap) insurance with the "bad area" ;)

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Popped this into the insurance lounge for you :)

·
Premium Member
42,857 Posts
Good luck in you insurance search matey :thumbs:

·
Registered
953 Posts
The box is a gps box, it reports back on mileage, speed, how hard you accelerate/decelerate etc.

It's a proper spy in a box, the insurance is cheap provided you barely drive and when you do you drive like a reserved Sunday driver.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it's a no no than :)
I like my driving the way it is.
Thanks for the reply, thats what I was looking for.

·
Registered
696 Posts
It works if you are a granny, if not it will end up costing more.
On best insurance, it's all down to location, age, NCB, profession, and most importantly....... LUCK.

Best bet is to shop around as much as you can

·
Registered
1 Posts
The box is a gps box, it reports back on mileage, speed, how hard you accelerate/decelerate etc.

It's a proper spy in a box, the insurance is cheap provided you barely drive and when you do you drive like a reserved Sunday driver.
I agree my neighbor got the same GPS box installed in his car. The only things is that he's a legitimate grandpa. I would try to check Know the Average Auto Insurance Rates and look for an alternative insurance that doesn't install box and let's you drive normally.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts