Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine who has an amazing collection of Italian cars is looking to add an Alfa to said collection, the collection is quite heavily slanted towards the products of a certain small Italian town.

I headed over to the Alfa SA site, hoping there would be a configurator or at the very least an options list. Imagine my lack of surprise when there was neither.

Searching a bit I found the configurator on the Alfa UK site. Everything is quite straight forward but the Racing pack, cant recall if the LE versions had this and if this is worth while. Article seem divided on this kit and whether its worthwhile and add anything to the car.

I am surprised the colour choice is so limited too.

Any thoughts in terms of spec, leather for interior is nice, as is the leather steering wheel, the carbon isn't really needed.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
its SA.. you get what they give you

Reactions: corriedw and Guili

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
its SA.. you get what they give you
correct. unless you're going to put down a deposit and order on a 6+month delivery time, you will get what they give you.

but to answer your question, I believe the race pack is the loud exhaust and harder dampers. same as the LE - Perreby will be able to tell you exactly.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Cape Alfa,

We are assigned only 12 or 13 units per year and this order is placed well in advance so if you would like a special unit, it is possible to order one. If one has not been prepped to that spec, they will have to find space on their production line to produce your car for you. So in other words, if you order a unique car, and Alfa SA's orders were placed already for the next year's delivery the you will get your car in the following year and your waiting list will be 18 months or more.

Let him speak to Peter Engelbrecht at Helderberg because Peter specs some decent cars and can tell you what options can be retrofitted and what you would need to have fitted during production.

Also, tell him to make it a Spider. :devious:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
There is a brand new white spider with red leather at Grand Central motors in Midrand. looks great.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cape Alfa,

We are assigned only 12 or 13 units per year and this order is placed well in advance so if you would like a special unit, it is possible to order one. If one has not been prepped to that spec, they will have to find space on their production line to produce your car for you. So in other words, if you order a unique car, and Alfa SA's orders were placed already for the next year's delivery the you will get your car in the following year and your waiting list will be 18 months or more.

Let him speak to Peter Engelbrecht at Helderberg because Peter specs some decent cars and can tell you what options can be retrofitted and what you would need to have fitted during production.

Also, tell him to make it a Spider. :devious:
Might sound bizarre but I find the coupe to be a much prettier car!

Production process makes sense, much the same at Ferrari, though I that instance every car is bespoke and no/very little new stock is kept, barring demo cars.

It may be possible to find a nice spec one already in SA, have started looking around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts