Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of a weird thing to ask for recommendations on I guess.

But, I don't know if others find the same, but whenever the laces get knackered on a pair of shoes which are otherwise fine, whenever I get replacements they are just nowhere near as good as the originals. I'd find it hard to define exactly how, but the quality isn't there.

So I'm asking if anyone has any recommendation for an 'aftermarket' shoe/bootlace? In this instance, it's for a pair of Skecher boots I have. One of the existing laces has 'degloved' (For your own sake, do not look up that term, it's descriptive enough that you know what I mean without seeing how it's usually used) where it goes through the last eyelet.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
For walking boots and shoes I usually use branded ones from the boot/shoe manufacturers (Brasher, Meindl etc). For shoe, more difficult, I end up with cheap ones from the local shoe repairers that snap when they wear on the eyelets. However being cheap the fact that they only last 6-9 months doesn't bother me.

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did look whether Skecher did replacement laces themselves. Didn't look like it.
Had a look at the Salomon thingy, but I reckon my boots would look rather odd with such thin laces.

·
Premium Member
7,113 Posts
I did look whether Skecher did replacement laces themselves. Didn't look like it.
Had a look at the Salomon thingy, but I reckon my boots would look rather odd with such thin laces.
yeah, they are made of Kevlar or Twaron or some such stuff.....
All I can say is you could tow your car with them ;)

·
Registered
12,961 Posts
One of the existing laces has 'degloved' (For your own sake, do not look up that term, it's descriptive enough that you know what I mean without seeing how it's usually used) where it goes through the last eyelet.
I should have taken your advice :sick: :cry:

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew someone would succumb.:devilish:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts