Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of the front speakers (under the grill) as someone has replace mine with godknows what, and i'm curious what they should look like and how they are fixed in
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
First two pics show the two way speaker, second one is without the protective covering.
Last two pics show the clips that hold the speaker in place, they literally are just clipped in and will lift out quite easily.

What have you got in there at the moment?
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I don't think they are all like that, my skinny V6 had 10cm concentric cones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MT said:
First two pics show the two way speaker, second one is without the protective covering.
Last two pics show the clips that hold the speaker in place, they literally are just clipped in and will lift out quite easily.

What have you got in there at the moment?
Thanks MT, just now it has 10cm Sonys just sitting in the hole unsecured. At the rear it has what appear to be the contents of house speakers with a capacitor soldered in to them. These are just jammed in the hole resting on the steel part of the body shelf!
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Barry, did your V6 have a single 4" hole cutout of the dash or did it have the extra cutout for the pictured speaker?
Flat4, sounds like a right bodge-job. :eek: Speakers sound horrendous when not fixed to stop the casing moving, and the speakers can get damaged that way too.
The standard rear speakers are actually fitted to the grill, not into the rear shelf itself. If the grill is ok you should be able to put a set of 6" speakers in there. In mine anyway.
That capacitor would have been part or all of the crossover.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
MT said:
Barry, did your V6 have a single 4" hole cutout of the dash or did it have the extra cutout for the pictured speaker?
Can't recollect, just remember replacing the standard ones with 10cm Kenwood KFC 1028C dual cone speakers.

I will have a look later to see what the 2.0TS has.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I have space for the speakers shown in your piccies, but they have been replaced with some Pioneers.

Time for some new ones I think, any recommendations
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Barry said:
I have space for the speakers shown in your piccies, but they have been replaced with some Pioneers.

Time for some new ones I think, any recommendations

Lots of recommendations...but what's your budget??

Do you just want coaxials or separate components?? Components recommended tho ;)
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top