Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace all 4 speakers- can anyone suggest a good make & product code. Just want good quality sound but I can't afford to spend mega bucks.
Cheers
Stu

R

·
0 Posts
seriously, i have fitted pioneer speakers in the front of my 155, i cant remember the code(i'll see if i can find it tomorrow). they have seperate tweeters which fit in place of the speakers in the top of the dash, the larger midrange speaker fits in the base of the front door(grills were already fitted to my doors when i bought the car).
i still have to replace the rear speakers. this will happen soon when i replace the head unit.

O

·
0 Posts
Hi Stu!

Can you get 'Hirschman' stuff in the UK. When I was there a few years ago they were selling some for the front of the 155. Otherwise I would be looking at some 'Focal'- (French brand) units. You need to have speakers without the tweeter sticking up above the cone. As for the rears, any known brand would be fine 6" across.

Oliver :cool:

·
Registered
447 Posts
In the front I'd leave the original MacAudio, in the boot i've fitted 2x260W 3-way Kenwoods with a 2x200W amp.

O

·
0 Posts
Hey Richard!!

What is the code for the Kenwood replacements?? No record in this part of the world!!

Thanks

Oliver :cool:

M

·
0 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the following parts:

BOSCHMANN Titanium Clarity Series 3-way 400watts. Part # PRF638 - £26.99

MOSFET 200watt amp. Small and discreet.
Part # DTS998MX - £38.99

Looks a good upgrade for the rear speakers. The fronts in my opinion are OK as they are 2-way jobs anyway.

These are 2001 prices from Demon Tweeks.
Tel. 01978 664466
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</a>

Marlon

·
Registered
447 Posts
Some Kenwood replacement codes: HQ serie indash KFC-PSR108c, 2-way indash KFC-1028c, double cone indash KFC-1018c, HQ serie rear KFC-PSR177c, 2-way rear KFC-1728c, Double cone rear KFC-1718c.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
ye gets whats ye pay for in this department i think the best thing you could do is stop thinking about the bochman as they are a bit of a jack of all trades and master of non type of brand go to your local dealer as most of them want to help and theyl take the requirements and budget and set you up even a half decent sub and amp will make a big difference, ive got panasonic in dash jbl's in the front doors kenwood dualmags in rear shelf two kenwood amps in the boot and a jbl sub i ust went round the shops buying display models for greatley reduced prices but i think it would be have been better if id asked a proffesional for advice.hope i havent sent you all to sleep, hope this helps. wink

M

·
0 Posts
Boooooo !!!
Boschmann....Boschmann....Boschmann....Boschmann....Boschmann....Boschmann....Boschmann....Boschmann....Boschmann....Boschmann....!!!!!!!

wink

Marlon

M

·
0 Posts
Think I'm gonna stick with my El Cheepo solution. I don't listen to music that much in the Alfa. I drive with the window down so I can hear the engine......that's music to my ears !!!!!

Marlon

F

·
0 Posts
All these speakers & subs.. anyone worked out how much weight you've added? It could be amusing come MOT time when you are in the HGV weight catagory! wink

M

·
0 Posts
F2G, you're so right, I read an article where a guy with a 3 series fitted the works...subs, TV screens, PSX etc. etc.
He added 1400Kg to the cars weight. Yes.....1.4 metric tonnes !!!!!
So the guys 3 series weighed in at nearly 3 tonnes in total. He had to mod the engine (turbo etc.) just to get the car moving around town.

What a fanny

Marlon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts