Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with a regular clicking/popping noise coming from the speakers on my 147. Just started the other day for no reason and now seems to be constant. Car has the sat nav Connect thing fitted with phone etc.

Noise is there whenever the ignition is on even if the connect is switched off. Noise is also there if the ignition is off but the connect is switched on by it's power switch. There seems to be a slightly quieter click, which cuts out any audio playing (radio or CD), followed by a louder click, after which the audio reappears. This cycle is repeated every few seconds. The clicking is also unaffected by the audio controls, volume is constant regardless of volume setting. Bloody weird all in all !

Think I'll try a reset by disconnecting battery for a bit, otherwise I'll have to get some ear plugs :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well a reset didn't work but it seems the noise is only coming from 1 speaker. Doesn't explain the sound cutting out on the other speakers though, either way it makes me think the Connect unit is stuffed. Ho hum ... looks like at least 1 speaker is going to get disconnected just to get rid of the noise.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone know what the tool is to remove the connect + unit, if it's possible to make one or where it's possible to get buy one ?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I managed to pull the thing out and also found out how to get at the hidden diagnostics page on the display. Interestingly this confirms a fault with the RH Rear speaker which is in fact the one that is metronomically producing a clicking sound. Before I go to the hassle of checking the speaker itself does anyone know if the error shown by the Connect is indicating an internal error with the speaker driver circuit or is it actually indicating a problem with the speaker itself ? It's hard to see there's a fault with the speaker since it's just 2 wires which must be connected or it wouldn't click, and the clicking starts the instant the ignition is on so shorting wires doesn't seem possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts