Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one know the cheapest place for a full set of plugs.just been quoted 120 quids,on top of a service(150quid) cheers jimbo : frown

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
email AO, he does some servicing bits and will give you a good price on the plugs... i'm sure he's well better than that price.

rgrds

j

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
~I think even main dealers are better than that now :confused:

wrinx

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just a thought, but have you tried Splitfire Triple Platinum, I bought a set of 8 for mine for only 90 Squid.

Didn't notice the difference really but they were a damn sight cheaper than alfa originals and have a better spec apparently and lifetime warranty.

Cheers

Lespix wink

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:( :confused: eek!
looks like i'm gonna have to cut down on the drinking this week then?,save up a few bob.or dont take the missus out! decisions, decisions ay
thanks guys,cheers
jimbo :confused: :confused: wink

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i pay £68+vat for a set and thats with a trade discount...(NGK)

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
SC Motors, i think mainly based in the south will do NGk's for £64+VAT, not too bad!

i was originally told £200 by elsewhere which through me in to a state of shock!

first alfa iv owned, was expecting about £40 tops for plugs!
cant drive it for 4 weeks yet, got to be 19 to insure it with chris knott but its worth the wait - soo much cheaper!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I paid £30 for the V6s last set Bosch super 4's £5 a plug. Goes better and starts easier now. Worth a look for the main plugs in T-sparks?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll check out my Supplier/Warehouse( trade only ) as I get a prety good discount too. I got NGK BPR7E plugs for my V6 last week and I don't think they cost anywhere near the prices mentioned above....
Im there tomorrow stocking up and I'll publish the prices I can get you the plugs for if thats ok with the rules of this site ????

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
that may be because the A at the end of the plug name is for platinum (i think) you may have been sold normal type , i used normal plugs in my car for a while about £20 for all of them the smaller ones were for a motorbike didnt really notice any difference but they dont last 60k.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the P is for platinum...........bkre6k,P,a and P,mr7a ...........actually i dont know for sure im just guessing.... :D

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi!!

Yep, Bosch plugs are the way to go!! Can't beat 'em!

:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts