Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to buy a servicing kit for my 82k service, am i right in thinking that there are 4, 10mm spark plugs and 4, 14mm spark plugs on the 1.8ts? also where is the cheapest and what do you think are the best spark plugs?
So far i have found hgk at 8.39 each
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
NGK are the oem make.
Stick to them. Platinum and last 5-years/60000miles.
Yes there are 8 plugs in total, 4x 10mm & 4x 14mm.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, does £8.39 each sound resonable?

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
Not bad.
You can find them for slightly less.
Search for:
BKR6EKPA or PFR6B
&
PMR7A

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks both just found them for 5 pound odd thanks for your help.

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
Thanks both just found them for 5 pound odd thanks for your help.
Make sure they are the right ones and check delivery charges carefully.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just checked gonna order 8 laser platinum hgk, 4 of each for total of£62.39 plus £3.25 postage 1 to 3 days royal mail, sounds pretty reasonable, and there the
bkr6ekpa
pmr7a

·
Registered
497 Posts
I bought a full set of OEM plugs (even in alfa packaging which i thought unnecessary!) from Alternative Auto's.

Very impressed with speed of order, and the pricing was good - i think it was a bit more than £5 per plug, though as I had ordered a variator and other bits from them, used that oppurtunity to replace the plugs

·
Registered
569 Posts
Second for Alternative Autos. Got OEM plugs there and they were great. Make sure you get OEM or NGK (the same as OEM).

·
Registered
38,251 Posts
Im trying to buy a servicing kit for my 82k service, am i right in thinking that there are 4, 10mm spark plugs and 4, 14mm spark plugs on the 1.8ts? also where is the cheapest and what do you think are the best spark plugs?
So far i have found hgk at 8.39 each
Any help would be appreciated thanks.
82k service?

The plugs should have been changed at the 60k service.

It might be worth checking who did the 60k as they may have done them already. :)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea got full service history had the plugs changed at 64k then had another service at 70k for some reason, all i know is its due every 12k, so gonna do it at 82k, do i need to replace plugs then or is it just a waste of time?

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
Yea got full service history had the plugs changed at 64k then had another service at 70k for some reason, all i know is its due every 12k, so gonna do it at 82k, do i need to replace plugs then or is it just a waste of time?
Sparkplugs are only every 60000miles or 5-years.
They don't need changing before then unless someone has fitted the wrong plugs before.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok thanks for that just saved my self 60 odd pound, so just oil, oil filter, air filter, new sump plug washer, drop the coolent ready for winter, a good old look under the car at suspension and cv joints, an i think thats it, had the brakes, variater and cambelt changed 2k ago, What about a pollen filter do i have one lol, its got air con and climate control?

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
What about a pollen filter do i have one lol, its got air con and climate control?
Yes you have a pollen filter.
Assuming yours is before the 2002 interior facelift, you have a single pollen filter and it is located under the plastic cover near the wipers on the passenger side.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes its 2001, well thanks for all your help you have saved me money.:)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had the cam belt, variator, thermostat, and brakes changed 2k ago, so they are all fine.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
me too... I'm going to attempt my first Alfa Romeo service this weekend.

Changing:

Oil Filter
Fuel Filter
Air Filter
Pollen Filter
Spark Plugs

Also, can anyone recommend how often the selespeed oil should be looked at and replaced?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts