Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems silly but how many plugs in a 2.0 JTS GT? , sounds like a riddle. Online I see some places say 4 of one kind. But my manual says 2 different plugs for each cylinder (like a twin spark). It is 4 of the 2 types?

·
Vendor
45,288 Posts
2.0 JTS = 4 plugs

1.8 TS = 8 plugs (4 main, 4 secondary)

3.2 V6 = 6 plugs

1.9 JTD 16v = none

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In manual says: spark plugs(*):NGKPFR6B & NGKBKR6EKPA with a footnote for the (*) 'There area 2 different spark plugs for each cylinder, one per type' So my confusion??

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Seems silly but how many plugs in a 2.0 JTS GT? , sounds like a riddle. Online I see some places say 4 of one kind. But my manual says 2 different plugs for each cylinder (like a twin spark). It is 4 of the 2 types?
4...end of.... :)

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
In manual says: spark plugs(*):NGKPFR6B & NGKBKR6EKPA with a footnote for the (*) 'There area 2 different spark plugs for each cylinder, one per type' So my confusion??

4 x NGK BKR6EKPA for JTS ... the other spark plug hole is used for the fuel injector

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
I think the JTS is actually the TS head with one spark and one injector ... where the TS had two sparks and injectors in the inlet manifold ... but I stand to be corrected by my learned friends! :)

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
Assuming I'm right and it's not just more wikipedia-type bull .... ;)

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
I think the JTS is actually the TS head with one spark and one injector ... where the TS had two sparks and injectors in the inlet manifold ... but I stand to be corrected by my learned friends! :)
Interesting but wrong, the JTS has a totally different head. most of the inners are the same but the exhaust cam drives another system off the back of it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for that guys the discussion, sorted , then someone going to charge £100 for the plugs is out of order, OKish for a T/S but not JTS.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
4 x NGK BKR6EKPA for JTS ... the other spark plug hole is used for the fuel injector
Gazza, ther eis NO 2nd hole for each cylinder

the injector is located UNDER the inlet manifold in , pita to access.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
i do know that the exhaust cam lock is the same for JTS & TS

M

·
0 Posts
Only 4 plugs in these engines as it is lean burn on idle and this is why the injection is of the direct type as otherwise it would be too lean to ignite correctly but that book should be burnt if it mentions 8 lpugs in a jts as where else would errors appear in it..... as do you want to find an incorrect torque....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts