Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have owned my 04 reg but late 02 built 2.0JTS for exactly a year tomorrow, and it has been a joy. However last week had the dreaded MCSF message and engine stuttering when pulling hard. Took the car back to the (non Alfa) dealer from whom I purchased on Monday and asked for the problem to be sorted under the dealer (RAC) used car warranty which expires today! They had to take the car to what used to be the local Bristol dealer to get the codes read. I was advised that the coil pack to No 1 cylinder needed replacement. Dealer did this under warranty, no quibble! Lucky me!
But now we come to what appears to me a strange matter. I'm told that the both the ex Alfa dealer and the Warranty company recommend that the plugs are changed. Car is just coming up to 48K mileage and as I understand it plugs are normally good for 60k miles?
Does anyone have an opinion on this plug change suggestion please?

·
0 Posts
You are correct in the 60k life-span, do they want to charge you for it? - if not, no harm in gettin 'em changed early :D

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
if they are been replaced for free, why not do it:)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh no they want me to pay for the plugs and installation, quoting £40 for plugs and £22.50 for labour which doesn't seem too steep.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Perhaps they wish to change them because they find they may have excessive build up of carbon due to the misfire/hesitation, or have been exposed to overheating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts