Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again everyone.
This may be a daft question but.......
I haven't looked at the plugs in my engine yet, but I assume the spark gaps can be adjusted ???
If this is the case, what should the gaps be ???
I have a 1.8 litre 8 valve from '94

By the way, all my posts before the site went down are now under somebody called Zid from Malaysia. That means Zid gets the blame for my daft questions. Cool.

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes, take the plugs out (one at a time is usually best - it's easier to not get confused which HT lead goes where) and give them a gentle scrub with one of those mini wire brushes.

I'm not sure about the plug gap but if you have those Golden Lodge plugs they don't have conventional electrodes, more like 4 little blades sticking from the ceramic bit.

I never adjusted mine, just binned them when they looked too ropey and got new ones.

The Lodge plugs are well dear though, so someone may have fitted regular plugs in the past. They're okay (I use the Bosch 4-electrode jobbies) and you just adjust them in the normal way.

Ralf S.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Marlon

You are not the only one to be affected in the boards absense, Jimybob is now Jimmy M with no posts and I've lost about a hundred posts???

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi wrinx, looking at your number of posts, you've reached the magical 155. are you gonna stop posting or buy other alfas...156,164,167 wink

Marlon

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Marlon, um Zid, um yeah...

If you are using standard plugs like the alfa recommended champions and the like, the gap should be 0.7mm. eek! I know it doesnt sound much but thats what the manual syas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Chris
The plugs are NGK 3 leg thingys, but the gap for all the legs should still be 0.7mm I would imagine.

Marlon....Zid....Marlon.....

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Zidlon,

Leggy as in one leg or four.
I hope we have established that one leg means adjust and four legs means leave alone...
Blimey it gets complicated!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts