Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the 8 valve engine.....

The OE plugs are Golden Lodge triple electrode thingees, would Bosch Super (single electrode copper core) plugs be as good or better ???
Bosch say all their plugs exceed the car manufacturers standard specifications, but I'm not too sure.

Marlon

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Stick with the Golden Lodges mate three electrodes are far better than If you put the bosch in they wont last as long as the Lodges and might breakdown more

Btw Have you considered putting Bosch Super 4`s in instead as these have four electrodes and should be on an equal par with the Lodge`s

Hope this helps :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, that's kinda what I thought. I only asked as I've put a bid on ebay for 8 bosch plugs. At the moment they're at £4.20 for the lot so I'm pushing the boat out and gonna bid up to £10.....Wooooooooooo

Marlon

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Multi electrodes are supposed to promote a more even mixture ignition in the combustion chamber
thus upping performance slightly. Am i right?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had an old GTV(1976) in a while ago that had golden lodge plugs in i changed them for bosch and it wouldnt start......at all......it would only run on the lodge plugs.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Marlon and any one else whose interested just had a look on Find it.co.uk and apparently Poweralfa are having a stock clearout and selling Golden Lodge plugs off at £2.50 each +vat and there also selling a load of 155 service parts and glasss and other stuff even some of the illusive headlight washers!!!!!!!!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the price of the plugs I'm bidding on is at £8.25 for 8. If it goes over £10 I'm just gonna buy some Golden Lodges.

Marlon

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My old 33 used to eat a set of golden lodge 4 electrode plugs every 4k miles, I changed to bosch super 4s and they lasted about 12k miles but they did not seem as good as the lodge plugs so I went back to replacing them 3 times a year!
FGN

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I,ve got the bosh super 4,s in mine and have no problems,they seen better than the last ones but they were single electrode.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts