Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been told i need to replace my spark coil pack at a cost of 350. (inc labor) I have a friend who has a spark coil pack from a 156 1.8 my car is 156 1.6 could anybod let me know if the 1.8 pack will work in the 1.6?

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Dear, oh dear! Avoid THAT garage at all costs!!! :eek:

Not sure, tbh. What year is your car, and what year did the 1.8 pack come off? Coil packs are NOT exchangeable between CF2 (single CAT) and CF3 (multiple CAT) engines.

What are your symptoms? If it's a misfire, check for air leaks between the MAF and the throttle body, and oil/water in the spark plug wells.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info my car is year 2000 so will be the CF2 pack? Not sure what year the 1.8 pack comes from but is sold as CF2 pack. My symptoms are misfire, sluggish acceleration and not steady engine idle. Any suggestions to where to buy from? have checked autolusso and cant find any. Did manage to find S/H 1.8 pack on ebay for £40

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Thanks for the info my car is year 2000 so will be the CF2 pack? Not sure what year the 1.8 pack comes from but is sold as CF2 pack. My symptoms are misfire, sluggish acceleration and not steady engine idle. Any suggestions to where to buy from? have checked autolusso and cant find any. Did manage to find S/H 1.8 pack on ebay for £40
Ouch. I've got a few CF2 ones that I normall sell for £15. Shipping to the RoI is a nightmare though (cost-wise).

Have you tried disconnecting the electrical connection on the MAF? It'll idle rough, but if it restores the power then it probably needs replacing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts