Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been underneath and discovered why the handbrake's not working (disks are shot)
:confused: Does anyone know, how much do rear disks and handbrake cables cost?
The car is K reg 155 2Litre twin spark 8 valve :cool:

A

·
0 Posts
Handbrake cables are roughly £13 each. Even though the discs are shot, the hand brake should still work. You'll probably find it just nees adjusted. I do this by disconnecting the cables at the calipers and then pumping the arms several times, each time taking it right back as far as it will go.
There is an easier way to do it but I can't remember how. I think Marlon had the quickest way. But the way I have described certainly works.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Scooby, Parts Disc Prices are:-
  • <font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, sans-serif">1. Brake Disc - Part No.60576335 - £39.37
  • <font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, sans-serif">2.Driver's side Handbrake Cable - Part No. - 60812799 - £14.62
    Part No. - 60625064 - £13.40
  • <font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, sans-serif">3. Passengers side Handbrake Cable - Part No. - 60812546 - £15.71
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, sans-serif"> There are 2 different cables for drivers side on the Parts Disc depending on C or D mod. :confused:
Try emailing Alfaowner to see if they do them. wink

B

·
0 Posts
Don't forget that when all your new brake parts are in place you need to make the first adjustment of each caliper manually by winding the piston in/out to the best fit on the (new) pads,there is a cut out on the piston end for this purpose.Once this is done the calipers are self adjusting to compensate for wear. wink

F

·
0 Posts
Rear 155 discs are the same as fiat uno fronts.. so are around a tenner at any part place.. eg part co.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Oof that brake disc is procey.
Get down your local parts shop and buy some aftermarkets at half the price. Even Halfrauds can be half the price.
They work just as well and you`ll have money left over for the plasters on your knuckles wink

F

·
0 Posts
Rear 155 discs are the same as fiat uno fronts.. so are around a tenner at any part place.. eg part co.

W

·
0 Posts
F2g...you've got an echo :confused:

Thought it was the Punto fronts but probably the same part anyway!

wrinx

F

·
0 Posts
spooky.. glitch in the matrix wink

either way GGB have them for £10.50.. cheep as chips!

A

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, I got the disks today and put them on. I was still at it at 5 pm when I lost the light so hopefully I'll get it finished tomorrow.
By the way, as some of you said the disks were just £10.89 each :D and that was for Lockheeds, they had another type that were even cheaper (£8.99 I think)
Thanks again for everyones help and advise. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts