Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

As the title says, looking for a (good) handbrake gaitor frame for my P1 spider. Mine has broken (again) and has given up the ghost so on teh lookout for a new one.

Unless they are still available form a stealer? :cheese:

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Hi all

As the title says, looking for a (good) handbrake gaitor frame for my P1 spider. Mine has broken (again) and has given up the ghost so on teh lookout for a new one.

Unless they are still available form a stealer? :cheese:
Comes complete with the gaitor, it appears - about £52:rolleyes:......

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
They always break, so it's not worth it. They still hold within the space provided anyway.

I have a real black leather version if you're interested, comes with the frame (which is broken in the usual place) but holds fine.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
The main dealer doesn't sell these any more !!

I have 3, there's the first 1 I bought from the dealers 2 years ago and is in new condition, its the replacement for the black interior for my Spider, black with black stitching.

The other is a little worm and currently in my Spider, black with tan stitching!!

The last has been reconditioned with real leather and is black with Proteo stitching.

I can give you a link to 1 for sale if interested. PM me.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good - mine is too broken to use with my new leather boot (stitched to match the seats) so a bit of surgery is expected. Andy, will PM you about the "new" one ASAP!

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Gaz - I've found one that's only got on of the side "legs" cracked if that's any use.....;) (As the OP seems to be sorted...)

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,505 Posts
Gaz - I've found one that's only got on of the side "legs" cracked if that's any use.....;) (As the OP seems to be sorted...)
Go on then. Part me with some more money ;)

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Go on then. Part me with some more money ;)

I've got it at home...next time you're passing give me a shout and I'll tell you if I'm in! Or I can take it to the AROC meeting on Thursday evening if you make it there....you could buy me a pint ;)

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,505 Posts
Yep, we'll do it that way. If i can keep enough electricity in the Spider :lol:

Catch you tomorrow :)

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well won the auction on fleabay and hope that the frame is not too bad when I peel off the gaitor. Bit of a shame as the advert reads like the gaitors are really good and I only wanted the frame of the handbrake...

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
There's a guy on ebay breaking a ph1 & 2 his number is 07808 953860 he said phone for any parts your interested in.

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
well won the auction on fleabay and hope that the frame is not too bad when I peel off the gaitor. Bit of a shame as the advert reads like the gaitors are really good and I only wanted the frame of the handbrake...
The frame is broken in two places Mark. If you've purchased it just for the frame, you've wasted your time.

Send it back to me and I'll give you a full refund.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mark, posted back to you today mate. Let me know all received OK and dont worry about refund postage - I should have checked first. Happy to cancel.

Guys, still looking for a P1 frame if anyone has one......!

·
Vendor
1,096 Posts
ignore me - frame is broken :(

didn't seem so at first glance. I have a 45k spider here that will be for sale soon and even that one is broken too.

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
Mark, posted back to you today mate. Let me know all received OK and dont worry about refund postage - I should have checked first. Happy to cancel.

Guys, still looking for a P1 frame if anyone has one......!
Hi Mark, no problems. If you can cancel the transaction your end, I can then issue the refund. Thanks, Mark.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts