Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Barcelona! My name is Marc, and I own a 159sw 2.0JTDm TI brand new from 3 month ago. I've bought one of the last units available in Spain, and it was impossible to find one with OEM navigator.
On the dealer, they told me is not possible to refit the car, but after reading lot of post and forums I've seen is possible... with much more difficult than the German cars, but is possible.. and I did it. I bought a new model CN+, new console, etc... went to an electrician to adapt the ISO connections to FAKRA, the blue&me, etc... all using original diagrams, and the result has been really good! My CN+runs actually 95% perfect, except some known things as:

- Body computer connection: Is not possible, as you perfectly know, and the problems I have are that, some info or config from the dashboard done from the steering is not modifiable from the CN+. The CN shows all the car details, all of them, but you can't change some of them. You can change the date, hour, reset trips, etc.. but doesn't change parameters from the body, as close doors option, language, light sensor sensibility, etc.. Other settings from music are not accessible from the CN+ but they're from the steering, as repeat song, shuffle, etc...
At all, is not so important, because I can do it from the steering. Probably, the most important is that I can't change the language, and the CN+ is in Italian. When I try to change it from the navy, it say “Change no possible”. If I change it from the steering, it’s ok on the car, but not on the navy.
-USB play: Music can’t be managed from the navy. All must be done from the steering too.
-Phone: Same
In resume, the navy runs good in all functions, but In some of them it is just a screen that shows you the car info. The systems reads all the info from the body ( It shows the maintenance kms remaining, for example… ) and you can see all the info there, but if you need to work over this info, you must do it from the steering and the dash screen.
I think the final result is very good. I went to the dealer to show them all and 4 mechanics came to look the car, because they said “it’s the first time I can see it”!
Now, I have two pending jobs: First, stop the flashing odometer. Second, change the system language. I’ve read the first is easy with a delay relay… Could anybody let me know where can I order it? It seems I speak in Chinese when I ask here…. The second I don’t know how to do it… probably with a setup cd, but this is the new Connect version, with the maps on SD and no phone sim, and I don’t know if is possible to set up it with the cd…

Well, sorry for this loooong story. I just wanted to explain you all my process, and confirm you that the refit is possible and the result really good.

Here are some pictures :

This is my Alfa

This is the CN+

The center console necessary to fit the CN+ ( bigger hole than the 2Din )

And this is the final result!

Greetings from Barcelona! :thumbs:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi!

Did your car already had the gps antenna?

JD
Hi
No... I'm using an internal antenna under the central air vent. The first used was bad quality and it needed looong time to find sats. I changed for a new one better and now it takes about 5 sats in just 3-4 minutes in the morning, and just some seconds for the rest of the day

Regads!
Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts