Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about adding a set of
spacers all round when i fit my Eibachs.
maybe 10mm at the front and 20mm rear,
or just 10mm at the rear.
I think this will improve handling,
working with the Eibachs and also
look better cosmetically,cause my
cars a skinny.
What are your thoughts on this?
Have you used spacers yourself?
Are they perfectly safe to use?
And i assume you'd need longer
studs too.
Can you get varibolts that you can
use with spacers?

And please :rolleyes: , No witty remarks
like "well you should have got a Widebody
to start with" :p :D

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm running the origonal Ala spacers, about 6mm. Roger Evans (155 racer) runs spacers about 30mm wide on his racer so I guess it should be ok!!! Dunno how long the wheel bearings will last with the extra load. Your width should be ok wink

I too am thinking of adding wider spacers in the future so will be happy for you to be the guinnea pig :p :p :p

.....and yes, you should have bought a wideboy :p

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't get it. My car is a skinny doesn't have spacers but the front wheels stick out wide enough to look brutal, while the rears will tuck in under the wheel arch just nicely. I'm running standard 205/50/15's. Shugs skinny body looks the same as mine. In my opinion the skinnys look good as they are while the widebodys need the spacers to fill the flared wheel arches.

I reckon if I put spacers on the car would look like a Tonka Toy :)

Hopefully you can see what I mean from this pic

The fronts sit quite wide while the rears would just go under the arches if lowered enough.

Marlon

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah some w/b don't have spacers. They were only fitted to the fronts weren't they ???

Marlon

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sometimes the OE spacers rust onto the hub so you dont see them as being separate items, when you take the wheels off.

You should see the join line if you have spacers. The spacers are 4mm thick and just go on the front.

The rear hubs don't look spacer-friendly. The spigot flange is short and quite curved and won't support the wheel if you have any decent thickness spacer on there.

I'd be tempted to not arse about with spacers and just go for a wider wheel. That'll increase the track and fill up the arches a bit better at the same time.

Ralf S.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spacers only on the front hub on the WB's

I thought i didn't have any till i went to change me disks. the spacers are held in place by the 2 small stub bolts that holds the disk onto the hub... i thought it was just a groove on the disk bell.. turned out to be the edge of the spacer and it had a spacer there.. doh! :rolleyes:

i now know i have spacers on the front.. i wonder what it would be like with 10mm spacers instead... shouldn't have any probs going under the arches... prolly enuff space for them... i might do that then try and put the 4mm oe spacers on the back and see what happens :D

might goto halfrauds in the morning and get some spacers :D gotta get the 'sonic cheese wedge' to be at it's best for the track sesh :D

j

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You see J....the widebodys are too wide. It's like a skinny bloke wearing 20 inch bell bottoms !!!
He'd need to get Popeye leg bulges to fill them.

Oh wet Knockers (courtesy of VBH) is gonna be good !!!

Marlon

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Tony24,
Sorry 2 jump on this 1 late ,been away working last 3 weeks ,just catching up on wot's been going on. wink
So im not the only one who's noticed the fat boy aint so fat at the back!! frount track 1485mm rear track 1419mm...wots that all about :confused: (sportpack size non sp is 1493 + 1427 :confused: ) anyway didn't look rite 2 me, fitted 20mm spacers each side on rear,much better :cool: got spacers from SCA Norwich + longer bolts been like this 4 a few months no problemeo :D
used universal spacers but drilled out correct 98mm pcd holes 90 degrees offset so slotted holes in spacer mates in spiggot .
didn't put any on front as looks wide enought didn't notice weather mine had factory spacers on front when painted callipers+discs but will check when i put me Eibach's on .
........Narlo :D .......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts