Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The spacers I have in readiness for the 17" wheels that may go on later his year, have holes for both 4 or 5 stud Alfa cars. However none of the holes allow for the wheel locating pin, my space saver spare has a spacer of sorts which probably isn't the best basis to work with. Ideally I need someone that has a 5 stud spacer with the sixth hole already drilled, to let me use as a template. I'm thinking even drawn round on an A4 sheet of paper and emailed may work. I know I could just remove the studs but I would like to see if these spacers have enough meat on them for drilling the additional hole and allow me to do the job that way.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Dave... I’ve got spacers on the Spider. If I get a chance at the weekend I’ll whip one off and scan it or draw round it. Just a thought though; can you use one of the ‘spare’ holes from the 4 bolt fitting?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Simon..thanks but only do that if you're taking a wheel off anyway, no need to make a special job of it.
Back in September just before I put the car into hibernation, I had one of the spacers and rims on it just to see how it would fit/look. I had to remove the locator pin as the spacer would not go on. While the car is away, preparing the spacers is a possible job I could get on with.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The fifth rim before it was refurbished (tyre scrapped). One of the four that I'd bought already refurbished has a run in the finish in-between the studs, so it will be a full sized spare.

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've taken the translation to be, "What do you mean? You have all the dimensions in the drawings"
Yes, that may be so but that would require some technical expertise in measuring on my part, which sadly would probably go wrong. I'd rather take the safer option of a template or just removing the pins altogether, as Phase3dude has done.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Due to unforeseen circumstances the car has had an early awakening and is back on the drive for the week. Now I can go old school and trace around the hubs for my template, may even do the door cards and speaker upgrades providing the weather is favourable of course.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bizzarely after making a template and comparing it to the spacer one of the holes did accomodate the locating pin. So even after multiple previous attempts at lining the spacer up with the car, it hadn't been obvious that it would have fitted all along. However did have to get a replacement battery locally and spent sometime squeezing it in this afternoon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts