Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've just become the proud new owner of a 2008 Brera 2.2 SV JTS. I've been lusting after one of these for years and finally got around to making the leap.

I've only previously owned sport touring bikes in the UK, but when a friend gave me his 1998 Renault Laguna, I found I enjoyed four wheels. When it wouldn't pass its MOT, I decided it was time to get a car I was proud to ride around in. The Brera is one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen.

I bought it at Cargiant. (Well, they had what I wanted.) It only has 24,000 miles on it. What could be wrong with it? I drove it to straight to Alfa Workshop, Royston, for an engineer's report.

While I waited, a drop link on the rear suspension was replaced, the cruise control was fixed, a bottle of BarsLeak was added to the radiator (leaking radiator @ 24K?!!!) and I had the oil changed. Otherwise, perfect condition. (Crosses fingers)

The Renault came with a name, provided by its previous owner. We got used to it, so I figured I'd give the Brera a name. (Don't hate me) La Cicciolina. High maintenance, beautiful, irrational - a tart in black.

But, what the heck, I've got no use for rear seats and my wife and I are used to traveling light.

No technical questions here, so please keep an eye out for me! I've already got my first one.

Cheers for now,

Jerry

·
Administrator
87,774 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Welcome To‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
`⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★