Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TRW is usually not a difficult make to get hold of but in this instance, trying to find the front springs for a 2.4 is proving a little harder than expected.

Part number is JCS1050.

Recently found that drivers side has snapped. And both lower ball joints have excessive play.

Very slim chance of dealer warranty covering because of the small print devil of 'wear & tear' try as I might, I'm probably going to have to take this on the chin.

Would like to stay away from AR unless I can't avoid it because they're c.£130 a side.

Thoughts please

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Have you considered getting the Eibach pro kit springs, set of four will only cost £130, and will improve the ride and looks with a bit of lowering in the bargain

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks old engineer... on my watched list. Will have a think about it and may get those and resell the rears. If it doesn't go up much

Giblets: yes I have seen the kit you describe but would like to keep her standard. It's her who drives it regularly and it will be the family boat with a new born and a little person in. She won't either want or need it dropped or any stiffer than it currently is. But thank you all the same.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in addition to the above, i have found some TRW springs at a manageable price... 62EUR per side.

Turns out cross reference of AR P/N: 50515160 doesnt pull anything *conclusive* up on TRWs Aftermarket Catalogue. Took a look on ePER for supersessions and AR P/N: 50705820 cross references to the JCS1050 mentioned earlier. '820 was the original number used from factory for the early 2.4s and '160 is the superseeded P/N fitted from 23.07.2008 onwards.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for those who were following this... Unfortunately the supplier i had found in Germany couldnt attain stock so it drew a blank :(
had an interesting chat with Andrew Page today about sourcing the TRW units. Lead time is apparently 2 months :'( not cool! i thought about Lemforder although they're in the same boat as MeyleHD (i.e. supply everything else suspension related but springs) Had a word with Alfa Workshop in Royston and they could source me Suplex units for around £42 per side.

Then i found Lesjöfors, i hadnt heard of them at all until today, a little bit of research shows that the 'sport springs' are TUV approved and the 'normal' springs are BER1400/2002 compliant (you know the whole OEM quality ruling, basically to comly it has to meet or exceed OEM specifications) anyway i could get these for a shade over £41 a side. they come with a 3yr warranty so im going to give them a go. they should turn up by the weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts