Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in leicester and need to pick up some 3M automotive paint protection film for fitting my roof bars ASAP. Anyone know of any retailers who sell this over the counter?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I live in leicester and need to pick up some 3M automotive paint protection film for fitting my roof bars ASAP. Anyone know of any retailers who sell this over the counter?
Could try these guys mate..

Reflec Signs & Graphics

Obviously not a retailer but they may be able to point you in the right direction or supply you with some..

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I had my car Ventureshielded by Invisible Patterns near Warrington and when I needed a replacement piece they sent me it by post. I don't think 3M allow it to be sold "off the roll" but could be worth speaking to them, Russ is the guy who owns it.

[email protected]

·
Administrator
87,317 Posts
I'm just wondering if it's a good idea to fit paint protection film to protect the roof where the roofbar feet & clamps are in contact with the paint. Has anyone tried it, does it work or are there any downsides.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm just wondering if it's a good idea to fit paint protection film to protect the roof where the roofbar feet & clamps are in contact with the paint. Has anyone tried it, does it work or are there any downsides.
I did the reverse with my roof rack, I fitted the protective film to the feet of the roof rack.

I've used the roof rack a couple of times and all seems fine.

·
Administrator
87,317 Posts
I didn't think of that, the feet are made of rubber & the clamps are coated with some kind of plastic coating. I was just wondering if it'd be worth applying some film to those contact patches to protect the paint from any possible damage due to dirt etc getting trapped between the surfaces.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The tape I used will pretty much stick to anything including most plastics and rubber especially if you warm it up a little with a hot air gun after fitting it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts